001. ͏͏f͏͏i͏͏n͏͏a͏͏l͏͏l͏͏y ͏͏f͏͏r͏͏e͏͏e

"Thanks!" Julie told Nick with a grateful smile. He nodded. "You had... quite the show last night. You all looked so emotional at the end. Did something go wrong?"

Julie doubled back in confusion. Nick never talked this way. "Umm, no. Everything went pretty great, actually. Thanks for the flowers, but I better get going. My dad made pancakes for breakfast."

"Oh, that's cool. Do you mind if I join you?" asked Nick. Julie laughed nervously. "I don't think that's such a great idea. It's really early in the morning, and I had a late night last night and have some stuff I already have to do. Maybe another time, though!"

[FLASBACK TO THE NIGHT BEFORE]

"Wait, Julie!" Reggie called out as she began walking to the doors to leave the studio. She turned around with the brightest smile. "Yeah?"

"Since we can hug you now, does that mean we can eat food again too?!" He exclaimed.

Julie laughed and rolled her eyes. "How would I know? I'm not a ghost- or whatever you guys are now! How about I bring you guys some food in the morning and you can try to eat?"

Luke pressed his lips together, suppressing a smile. "Food does sound really good."

Alex shrugged, still feeling extremely emotional. "I don't care about food, I'm just glad I can finally hug Julie now!"

Julie smiled and laughed. "Okay, I'll definitely bring some food for you guys for breakfast after we eat in the morning."

"And... will you bring us more hugs too?" asked Alex.

Julie smiled. "Of course I will, Alex. Food and hugs."

Alex beamed with happiness. "Yay! Oh, and maybe you should tell your dad about us! Then he can meet us too!"

"Ummm, I don't know about that one yet. I'm sure he'd love you guys, but how am I exactly supposed to tell him about you guys when I don't even know what you are now?" asked Julie.

Alex sighed. "That is a good point."

"You could just tell him we're in town... and I mean, if you can hug and touch us, there's no way he won't be able to see us," said Luke.

Julie shook her head. "But you're not just in town. And I can't just say that you're gonna stay in the studio, because then when he thinks you're gone and comes back into the studio, you guys are still gonna be here!"

"Maybe we should all just sleep on it," suggested Alex. "Then Reggie and Luke can get their food, I can get my hugs, and we can all figure out how to tell your dad together."

"Yeah, I agree," said Julie. "And I can invite Flynn to help too because she's known my dad almost as long as I have."

"Aww, do you have to go already?" asked Reggie. "We just found out we were able to hug! What else can we do?!"

"I have to go. My dad and brother are inside waiting on me," said Julie. "We can figure this all out tomorrow. Goodnight, guys."

"Good night, Julie," said Reggie. "Sweet dreams," said Alex. "Night, Jules," said Luke.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Nick shook his head. "Sorry, I didn't mean it in that way. I just meant, my family doesn't have family dinners like that very often. It must be nice."

"Julie? Is someone here to see us?" Ray asked as he walked to the door from the kitchen. Julie turned around with a smile. "Just a friend from school, but he can't stay long." Ray nodded. "Alright. Be quick. Carlos might eat all of the chocolate chip ones by the time you're done talking."

Julie turned back to Nick and shrugged. "Well, I guess I should go. See you later, Nick! And thank you for the flowers!"

"Bye, Julie," said Nick. "See you on Monday."

"Oh, wow. Flowers, Julie! Is your friend from school someone you think you'll be dating soon?" asked Ray.

Julie smiled, thinking of Luke. "Um, probably not. He's nice and all, but I don't really like him like that."

"Do you like someone else?" Carlos asked, insinuating from the conversation he'd overheard the day before that she was dating one of the boys from the band.

Julie's cheeks became rosy red in a matter of seconds. "Not really. I've just been kinda busy with the band lately. I haven't really been thinking about guys."

"And that's what you should focus on," said Ray, "because last night was a huge success, Julie! You and your band will probably be signing a contract soon enough! I'm sure you'll be superstar legends!"

Julie couldn't stop smiling. "Thanks, Dad. That means a lot."

After breakfast, Julie called Flynn over to talk to her about the night before and hopefully get some insight on what to do with the boys.

"Oh my god!" shouted Flynn. "You can TOUCH them now?! This is huge, Julie! Do you think they're actually alive again?!"

"I don't know!" exclaimed Julie. "I was hoping... maybe you'd want to help me find out? Will you?"

"Will I?! Will I?!" shouted Flynn. "How is that even a question?! Of course I'm coming with you! Let's go now!"

"Wait!" Julie said, starting to laugh a little. "I have to get food for Luke and Reggie."

Flynn frowned. "Does Alex... like... not want to eat or something? Or is he... traumatized because of how they died??"

"No," Julie said, shaking her head as she laughed. "He just likes hugs more than food. I've told you before, he's just more emotional than the others. And... possibly the only one with a sense of self-awareness."

Flynn smirked. "I bet you're excited that you can hug Luke now. I mean, if people can see him, then you guys can date for real. Oh... that's weird. I never thought I'd be saying my best friend can date a ghost because we can all see them."

"Shut up," Julie said with a telling grin as she threw a pack of cakesters at Flynn.

"Are you really just gonna give them cakesters? I mean, c'mon, Jules, you gotta give them some real food," said Flynn.

Julie rolled her eyes. "Of course I'm gonna give them real food. But I don't even know if they can eat yet, Flynn. They're just testers."

"Okay, but if they complain, it's on you," said Flynn.

Julie rolled her eyes with a smile. "Okay, okay. Let's just go!"