016. stepping stones

After Luke's parents found out about the band and everything that had happened over the last year, things were back to normal. Things were better than normal. Everyone was happy.

Luke's parents offered for him and even Alex and Reggie to live with them, but they declined the offer because they didn't want anything to look suspicious to anyone around them and they were already happy at the Molina's. 

School continued on like regular, and the band finally booked another gig. They were getting to play the Orpheum together again! This time, they weren't opening for anyone. They were the actual performers.

The Pattersons got front row seats with all of Julie's family. While they were waiting for the band to come on stage, Flynn heard Mr. Patterson tell Ray, "Your daughter makes our son very happy, and they seem to get along very well. Do you know if they are dating?"

Ray chuckled. "Not as far as I know. Reggie updates me on everything that happens in the band, and all I've been told is that there is no romance between Julie and any of the boys. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard something soon though." 

The band played a plethera of songs. Their most popular hits that night included Infinite Scars and Now or Never. Before playing Stand Tall as their closing song, Julie introduced a new one. "If you came with someone you care about more than anything in the world tonight, this song is for you. It's called Endless Love."

Intro [All of the band together]
Oh, Oh, Oh
You light up the midnight sky
Oh, Oh, Oh
Your lovin' makes me feel so high

Verse 1 [Luke and Reggie]
Now we're dancing in the rain
These moments are washing away the pain
Like I've got a brand new life to begin
Was just breathing now I'm livin'

Verse 2 [Julie and Luke]
Givin' me something to wake up to
How flawless is my love for you
Was broken-hearted, but now I'm free
Now that I've got you next to me

Chorus [All of the band together]
You know where to catch us
Still lovin' when life gets rough
You know this is our endless love
Baby, this is our endless love

Verse 3 [All of the band together]
You know I'll last forever after all
Runnin' around with you in the mall

Wonderin' how long our love will last
Forever! We'll last forever

Chorus [Julie and Luke]
You know where to catch us
Still lovin' when life gets rough
You know this is our endless love
Baby, this is our endless love

Bridge [Reggie and Alex]
Sweet angel
You're my love
T-I-M-E-L-E-S-S love
Sweet dream
You're my love
E-N-D-L-E-S-S love

Outro [Luke and Julie]
Sweet angel, Sweet angel
This is our timeless love
Sweet dream, Sweet dream
This is our endless love

Emily stared in awe at her son, who was inevitably falling in love. "Oh, they're too precious together," she said softly. Flynn nodded with pride. "They are, the most watchable duetters I know."

After the concert, Flynn told Julie what Mrs. Patterson said about her and Luke and about the conversation she'd overheard Julie and Luke's dads having. Julie rolled her eyes and smiled. "That's sweet, but nothing's really happening right now. I honestly think Luke's kind of forgotten about us... or he's just not making it a priority."

Flynn frowned. "That's not cool. I'll make sure to make a secret finsta for you guys and comment on every Julie and the Phantoms post when the band makes an official insta." Julie shook her head. "It's okay. I mean, we're bandmates anyways. Maybe it's better we don't date so we don't potentially mess up our relationship or the band as a whole."