CH-5: Final Confrontation

Previously...

"So much for waiting. Let's do this!" Ben announced. He and Braedey now pick up their sport jackets, but Ben stopped as he takes a sniff of his jacket, and also takes notice of something. "Wait. Why does my jacket smell like car air freshener? And it feels kinda big on me..." he sees the jacket sleeves reaching to his hands.

Braedey winced as he adjusts the jacket, only for it to reach midway down his lower arms. "Ugh! This feels kinda tight. And it smells like chilli fries..."

Gwen looks to see that Ben has on Braedey's jacket, and Braedey has Ben's. She shakes her head in amusement, the two boys now switching their jackets back to their respective owners, then they go and get to a transport jet to get to the abandoned city...

~*~*~

Sure enough, by the next morning of the rising sun, a Plumbers transport craft is arriving at the abandoned town a few miles outside of Seattle, Washington. Once the spacecraft had touched down just outside the city, Ben, Braedey, and Grandpa Max, the latter donning a standard-issue Plumber suit and tech, disembark the craft and begin to make their way forth. Gwen, on the other hand, was told to stay back at the spacecraft for her safety, especially after she's still hurting from the Dark Energon explosion back in New York.

Braedey looks around at the dilapidated and ruined buildings around them. "Keep your eyes out. Who knows how much more powerful Shockwave is now."

"Noted." Ben acknowledged back. "But where is he?"

They got everyone on edge as they all look around in uncertainty and concern, Ben and Braedey arming their matrices. They look to one another as they all go along, looking about the abandoned city streets.

"It looks like this place is empty." Ben commented.

"Not anymore..." Braedey replied ominously, pointing over to one building in the distance.

Suddenly, the building ahead of them collapses to the ground, all of them standing their ground. Now, rising up from the remains of the ground was none other than Shockwave, but now sporting four arms instead, while purple flames engulf the arms and head, an ominous glow coming from his chestplate and singular optic.

"Oh, man/scrap

"Oh, man/scrap." Ben and Braedey muttered in unison.

"The universe is like most worlds. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when faced with extinction, a solution is required." Shockwave stated logically. "Genocide. But at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike."

"Congratulations, you're a psychopathic maniac." Braedey stated back bluntly.

"I'm a survivor. A creator." Shockwave corrected.

"Who wants to murder trillions across the multiverse." Ben spoke back.

"With all the power I will eventually wield, I can simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that... Mercy." Shockwave stated l logically.