chapter twenty six

twenty six

I didn't know how long Harry and I had been sitting on the couch, watching TV. I knew that the sun was already setting and the first day of the trip so far had been very eventful. I hoped that things would go smoother the next day, but I didn't know what was in store. I just wanted to enjoy my time with Harry before we had to go back home and be reminded of everything that we didn't want to remember.

I yawned and sat up, "Don't you think it's a bit ironic that we're doing the same thing here that we could be doing at home?" I smiled wryly. Harry bit his lip and shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed the remote control and turned off the TV before turning his entire body in my direction.

"Well, I don't think you would have enjoyed bike riding that much... Especially with Sheryl and Spencer." He laughed and placed his hand on mine, starting to intertwine our fingers.

I half smiled, "Sheryl and Spencer aren't as bad as you make them seem." I scoffed playfully.

"Well you didn't have to spend ten years with them." He let go of my hand and fell back into the couch. I climbed onto his lap, my legs on either side. I lowered myself until we were chest to chest.

"I guess you have a point there." I laughed and lied my head on his chest. He ran his hands through my hair, down my back. I breathed, the scent of him overtaking my senses; he smelt of soap and my green apple scented shampoo. I snickered to myself, smiling at the thought of him lathering my shampoo through his hair because he'd forgotten his own.

I ran my fingers over my his shoulder and up his neck, entangling my fingers in his hair. We lied this way for countless minutes, never speaking.

Until a startling knock made me screech in fright. I laughed loudly at my reaction, covering my mouth as I laughed harder. Harry chuckled underneath me and I climbed off of him. He stood to his feet and I followed after him as he started for the front door. Once he opened it, Brad and Sarah stood on the illuminated porch with wide smiles on their faces. I looked up at the sky, seeing that it was now getting dark out and I figured that everyone was ready to start enjoying the trip.

Harry smirked at their appearances and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips. They wore helmets on their heads that strapped around their chins and they had sweatsuits on. I raised my eyes, waiting for them to speak.

"Hey, you guys look comfy." Brad said and I looked down at myself. I still wore Harry's oversized tee shirt and shorts whilst Harry wore sweatpants that had been cut into shorts and a white see-through tee shirt.

"We were comfortable until you decided that it was a good idea to knock on the door like you were the fucking cops or something." Harry groaned and leaned against the door frame. I couldn't stop smiling, Harry's behavior was amusing.

"Sorry we disturbed you. But we didn't come on this trip just to spend time apart." Brad sighed and I bit my bottom lip, looking up at Harry.

"What do you suggest we do, then?" Harry groaned and ran his hand through his hair.

"Let's leave that up to the girls." Brad said and I shook my head. I didn't know where we could go, I definitely did not want the choice to be left up to me. I looked at Sarah and she nervously smiled.

"We can go to a club? It's never-" Sarah started, but Harry shook his head furiously.

"No, no. Maybe we can do that tomorrow, but not tonight." Harry disagreed. I gritted my teeth together, rocking back and forth on my heels.

I sucked both of my lips between my teeth and frowned as I tried to think of anything we could possibly do. I sighed, "We don't... We don't have to do anything special. We can just hang out somewhere?" I looked at Harry as I spoke. He nodded and smiled, he began to lean forward but stopped himself when he remembered Brad and Sarah had been standing inches away from us.