chapter twenty eight

twenty eight

CHARLOTTE's POV

I watched as Harry lied down our towels next to Brad and Sarah's. My hands were placed on my hips as I breathed in the ocean air. I looked down at the sand, the sand glistened from the sun shining brightly above us. A smile overtook my features and I walked over to Harry as he placed our bag beside the towels.

I began to sit down on my own towel, but Harry pulled me towards him. I fell into his lap, covering my mouth to prevent myself from yelping in surprise. I turned to look at him and he smiled innocently. The words he said to me earlier played in my head and I just kept wishing they'd go away. I had been told before that I was easy to read and the last I needed was Sara asking me about my intimate time with Harry.

I gritted my teeth together, "Don't you think this is a bit inappropriate? You know, with Bradley here and their parents." I tried to climb off of his lap, but he pulled me back.

"You're just sitting on my lap, baby." He said quietly.

"Sure." I said in a sarcastic tone.

I heard him chuckle causing me to smile, "What? Do you think I'm getting off to your ass against me?" I could hear the smirk in his voice as he said the words.

I shrugged, "I don't know. It's a possibility." I laughed, pushing my hair away from my face. He laughed shortly before releasing his strong hold on me. I climbed off of him, sitting on my own towel. I watched as the tall waves washed over the shore, the sound of the water was pleasant and calming.

I heard Sarah inhale deeply beside me and I turned to look at her. She smiled widely at me and took off her sunglasses. She was dressed in a bikini also, but her's seemed a bit tighter and thinner. I rose my eyebrows and waited for her to speak, "This is amazing, don't you think?" She said, lying back on her towel.

I nodded, "It's everything I was expecting." I, then, smiled and turned my head to look at the ocean again.

"I keep forgetting that you've never been outside like this before." She said, sighing and closing her eyes.

"Yeah..." I mumbled and turned to Harry.

He was taking off his shirt, "Are you ready to go for a swim?" He asked me with a grin on his face. I nodded my head and stood up. I pulled my dress up and over my head, throwing it onto the towel. Harry grabbed my hand and we began to walk towards the shore. I felt a bit nervous, being that I'd never swam before.

I inhaled sharply, "Don't let go of my hand, please." I bit my lip.

"I won't, baby. You'll be fine." He gave me a reassuring nod. The water rose up on the shore, washing over our feet. I bravely took a few steps forward into the water, holding Harry's hand tighter than before. As soon as the water was at mid thigh, Harry let go of my hand only to wrap his arms around my lower body. He picked me up from the ground, kissing my lips sweetly.

I smiled throughout the kiss, "I really needed that." I breathed.

"I know."

I gritted my teeth together, "It's not that scary, I guess. You don't have to hold my hand." I kissed his cheek as he began to release me and place me back down on my feet.

"Don't go too far out." He told me as I felt the ground beneath me. I nearly screeched when I felt something wrap around my foot. I grabbed Harry's arm in a panic.

"What?" He took both of my shoulders in his hold.

"There's something on my foot." I gasped.

Suddenly, he threw his head back in laughter. I frowned, bewildered and confused. He tried to refrain himself from laughing as he spoke, "Baby, that's just seaweed." He shook his head.