They are strong(7)

Feeling energized and ready to take on anything, I didn't let the few times I had to use system recovery when overwhelmed by grade 4 curse spirits bother me. I changed into clothes that allowed for more freedom of movement while still looking casual.

After stretching my body a bit, I walked outside and approached my door, ready to enter another dungeon. Holding the key in my hands, I read its description:

[E Rank Dungeon]
[Item Rank: Common]
"A dungeon that leads you into the den of the wolf. The Wolf King resides inside this dungeon and will devour anyone who enters."

I inserted the key into the doorknob and opened the door, revealing the interior of a cave. Taking a deep breath, I stepped inside as the door and dungeon gate closed behind me.

[You have entered an E-rank dungeon. You cannot leave the dungeon until you clear it.]

I read the blue text and let out a sigh before pulling out my daggers, knowing that this dungeon would likely be much harder than the F-rank one. I remained on guard as I ventured further.

After walking for a while, I encountered the first monster of the dungeon—a wolf with a horn.

[Evolved Wolf]
[Beast Description: A ferocious beast that is fast and strong. It tears through limbs and can bite through human bones like sticks.]
Level: 8
HP: 625
MP: 90
Strength: 20
Vitality: 15
Agility: 20
Intelligence: 9
Sense: 30

As soon as I read its information, the wolf's nose twitched, and it focused its gaze on me.

"Fuck," I muttered, barely blocking its fast and powerful strike with its nail. I quickly jumped back, pulled out a dagger from my inventory, and activated Mana Reinforcement.

[Mana Reinforcement has been activated. You gain a 20% boost to all attributes and take 5% less damage.]

Using Dash, I rushed towards the wolf with blinding speed. We clashed, our speeds almost even, though I had a slight advantage. However, this monster had skills and proved to be a formidable opponent.

As I managed to push the wolf off me, its horns glowed green, and a mini tornado appeared, slashing at me.

[-45 damage]
[HP: 1340/1385]

"Shit," I muttered, jumping back to avoid further attacks. The wolf was already lunging for my throat, but I swiftly moved out of the way, slashing at its side with my dagger.

[You have dealt 35 damage]
[Bleeding effect has been applied to the wolf]

My dagger broke as I aimed for the wolf's eyes, dealing critical damage.

[Critical damage: 45]
[Half blindness status effect has been applied to the wolf]

Pulling out another dagger from my inventory, I continued the fight, giving it everything I had. However, the wolf refused to go down, no matter how many times I slashed at it. I seized every opportunity, attacking its vulnerable areas despite the risks involved.

Time skipped.

Exhausted and covered in my own and the wolf's blood, I sat in a pool of it, gasping for air.

Level: 8
Fatigue: Full
Job: N/A
Titles: The Player
HP:700/1385
MP: 200/760
Strength: 23
Vitality: 23
Agility: 17
Intelligence: 17
Sense: 17
Remaining Points: 36

"How could one wolf mess me up so badly?" I said, looking at the near-dead wolf's body on the floor.

I approached the wolf and stabbed my blade into its head.

[You have killed an Evolved Wolf. You gain 200 EXP]
[You gain 50 gold]
[You consumed one Status Recovery]

Using one of my status recoveries, I healed myself to full. Sensing a group of wolves approaching, likely drawn by the scent of blood, I realized I had to act quickly.

"They probably smelled my blood," I muttered, gazing at the pool of blood I was laying in. I stood up, activated the Ogre Necklace, and felt the surge of additional strength and vitality.

[Ogre Necklace has been activated. You gain an extra 15% in strength and 4% in vitality, while losing 6% in intelligence.]
[Skill Mana Enhancement has been activated.]

Taking a deep breath, I rushed towards the approaching wolves, slashing at anything that got too close.

[You dealt 35 damage to an Evolved Wolf]
[You dealt 34 damage to an Evolved Wolf]
[You dealt 37 damage to an Evolved Wolf]
[You dealt 33 damage to an Evolved Wolf]
[You dealt a critical damage of 53 to an Evolved Wolf]

However, I also suffered damage in return.

[You took 200 damage]
[You took 100 damage]
[You are now under the status effect Bleeding]
[You now have the status effect Broken Ribs]
[You took 200 damage]
[You dealt 45 damage]
[You dealt critical damage of 55]
[You...]

I continued slashing at the wolves' throats and aiming for their heads to maximize damage.

Time skipped.

I kept slashing and stabbing relentlessly, not giving the wolves a moment's respite.

[You killed an Evolved Wolf. You gained 200 EXP]
[You gained 50 gold]

I dashed backward, avoiding a wolf's attempt to bite my head off, and proceeded to strike another wolf. The wolf bit one of its companions, inflicting significant damage.

[Evolved Wolf: Level 10]
[HP: 500/900]
[MP: 20/400]

"Since when did these fuckers get so strong?" I said, growing annoyed. The wolves growled and drooled, eyeing me like fresh meat they wanted to devour.

One wolf charged at me while the others attempted to encircle me. Not wanting to end up six feet under, I leaped over the charging wolf and bashed its skull with a Pur

ification Ball.

[You dealt 200 damage]
[You killed an Evolved Wolf. You gained 200 EXP]
[You gained 50 gold]

The wolf's health plummeted to zero, even though I had dealt only 200 damage. Apparently, hitting a fatal organ was all that mattered, regardless of the actual damage done.

A small smile formed on my lips as I realized this. As long as my hits were lethal, it didn't matter where I struck.

I found myself surrounded by the remaining 20 wolves, but instead of feeling fear, a smile of determination crept across my face.

"If you want to eat me, you'll have to earn it," I said, eyeing the wolves defiantly.

The wolves growled and charged at me together.