Chapter 5: October 5th

"DreamLink Corporation" *type*

I typed these words in the Goggle search on my laptop, hoping to find results related to the designated company. But...

"No luck huh" I sighed

'DLC, DreamLink, Remembering our dreams, Control our actions.' I searched for various alternative terms to find any connection between them. Each search yielded an average of 55,10,00,000 results. Even I know that It would be impossible to check every single result, so I decided to focus on the first 10 pages for each search. The first few pages usually contain the most accurate information, and since each page has approximately 10 sites, I need to check around 100 sites per search to find some leads. That means, If I search 100 terms I need to check 10,000 sites to increase my chances, I know it will take a lot of time. But I need to cough up that thought, however, as I expected, nothing showed up about the company, But that didn't mean I was going to give up. Fortunately, I have the company logo from the email. I took a screenshot and scanned it using Goggle Lens on my mobile device. But...

"Tch, Why? " I clicked my tongue in frustration

It didn't work either.

I have been searching for the whole time since I came home, but I haven't found any information about the company or its logo. They even don't have any social media handles like zwitter, finsta, handbook. They are so good at concealing their details. There is absolutely no information available about them on the internet, which proves that they don't want the public to know about their experiment not to mention other companies too. It also suggests how careful they are in safeguarding their project. Well either way it just raises my suspicions, Now It's clear that they are not a official organization.

"Why are you so overthinking about this?"

Do you seriously askIng me? I really wish that I was just overthinking here, but Kurogane's threat was the real deal. His expression and way of talking, everything seemed genuine. He meant it when he said he would harm my family. If what he told me is true, there must be a group of people watching over my family, ready to attack if I make any suspicious moves here. That's why I'm being extremely cautious about this experiment. There's no telling what they are planning when they are forcing the participants to join by going to such lengths as harming their families.

[Beep- 1:00 am]

"It's already that late? "

I was still wearing my school uniform and hadn't realized that I hadn't even changed my attire since coming home, not to mention I hadn't eaten anything. Well, it's fine. That's all for today, I guess. Again tomorrow-

I paused for a moment

"Tomorrow....huh" I smiled

That's right from tomorrow...

[September 30, 2025- at school]

'Hey, hey isn't that Araki Ryota from class 1-B? '

'Yeah the guy who asked Kasumi-chan to sleep with him'

"(Uh-uh, they are totally talking about me, this sucks)" I thought

[ () these brackets indicate inner thoughts]

'Disgusting'