Lost Soul.

"There were two of them." Steve looked over to Nick Fury, who leaned back into his chair.

"Two?"

"Seems like there are two Winter Soldiers. Bucky and..." He trailed off before walking back to the table. "I don't know who she was but she was a lot stronger."

"I shot her in the back and until the bullet hit her in the ear and her comms fell out, it was like she didn't feel it." Sam chimed in with his arms crossed across his chest. He didn't want to know how she felt his aim to her head and how she knew when to move. It ran chills down his spine.

Natasha stayed quiet hearing their conversation as she lowered her gaze to the table.

Maria had been typing on her computer before coming to a stop. "No history of her at all.. it's like she doesn't even exist. Not on any database." She looked back up at Steve and Fury, who only grew more concerned with that information.

Fury looked over at Natasha for a second not hearing much from the redhead. He then continued to enforce his plan before getting stopped by Steve.

He took a moment before leaning back and looking up at Steve. "Well... looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain."

Bucky and Karolina got put into separate rooms once they made it back. He got his arm patched up as she stayed in her cell. No one had come to check up on her.

She sat with her back against the cold stone wall with two guards standing at the door. Karolina heard a thud come from the other side of the hallway where Bucky was. Her body slowly got more tense before she looked up from the floor, pain shot through her neck. That feeling came back, something was wrong.

In the next few moments, there was an unbearable silence then... came the screams.

She lowered her head before she heard the opening of the cell door.

Alexander Pierce.

Most of the guards followed him, the majority outside due to the size of the cell. One right behind him as Pierce sat down on a chair he brought in, right in front of her.

His eyes scanned her face, at least what he could see before leaning back. "Your partner didn't feel like cooperating. I do hope that's not the case with you." He leaned forward in one quick motion and lifted her jaw, looking into her eyes before ripping off the muzzle.

She threw him a stare before moving her jaw from its usual locked position. She moved her head side to side as the movement was followed by the sound of various cracks.

"Speak, if not... this" He waved the muzzle around, "goes back on."

Karolina soon told him everything about the mission, from the army camp to the highway. Her voice was scratched up from not being able to talk for so long. Hard swallows helped ease the pain of speaking. At the end he walked out without a word and left the muzzle on the ground of the small cell.

As the cell door closed again, the silence returned as she took in a deep breath before reaching behind her back.

She pushed her index finger and thumb into the broken skin of where she got hit and reached for the bullet. A soft clank echoed in the cell.