Quick little PSA

Okay, so.... in light of chapter 48 now being out, I want to address its ending, because I've already had someone get mad.

I hope everyone understands that what I write is purely for plot purposes, and what I write, especially regarding the opinions and/or thoughts of the characters and the real-life people in this story are PURELY FICTIONAL.

Of the sport, of course. I hope that was clear. Honestly, I'm writing this very rushed, and I'm still kind of messed up over what was said to me, but just hear me out.

What I write doesn't reflect what I believe in this sport, like, for example, what was said in the ending of this chapter.

There was a concern that what I wrote was me indirectly saying I thought the 2021 Abu Dhabi GP was rigged in favour of Max.

This is obviously not a reflection of my personal opinion.

Am I a bit disappointed with how the race was carried out? Yeah, because honestly, I would've loved to see Max win it in a more fair way, but it's done. It happened. End of story.

If you've kept up with recent chapters, then you would notice that Calina, the main character, is getting more and more stressed, exhausted, and fed up over the F1 season so far, as well as stating how the season itself feels more tense than usual with the Hamilton-Verstappen championship race going on. It's been mentioned a number of times throughout recent chapters that even other characters feel this as well, and there is a sense of anxiousness among these characters (in a sense. I hope you're getting the point I'm trying to make).

Anyone who has ever been stressed knows that when under enough stress, you start to think some pretty irrational, maybe impossible things, and that is what I was trying to go for with Nico's words at the end of Chapter 48.

I wasn't trying to get any point across that Max didn't deserve his '21 championship. So please, before you come after me or anyone in the comments:
1. Take these things lightly, and
2. Think about what you're going to say to me.

I'm open to constructive criticism, and as I mention at the end of most chapters, I'm open to hearing your thoughts, opinions and suggestions. Anyone is free to message me privately or leave their comments on the chapters. However, if you're going to be rude about it, then I ask you don't leave your comments or messages at all.

It's simple, everyone: treat others the way you want to be treated. I want this to be a safe space for everyone, and hateful or rude comments really prevent that.

I hope you all understand, and it was never my intention to make anyone angry.

On another, much happier note, thank you all for sticking by for two-ish years to read my work. We're nearly at 50k reads, and I am honestly in shock this is still doing well.

-V🩷