Balance Game [TW : talk of illegal activities]

Sometimes Kusuo gets really tired of Kusuke. Objectively any discount god like himself would find it annoying that his brother is constantly trying to beat him at something. Or kill him, he wasn't actually sure anymore. Both were decidedly impossible anyway.

As a child it was only a mild inconvenience. Recently had evolved quickly into an annoyance he was forced to deal with.

"Kusuo, I have a proposal"

"Another game?"

"Sort of"

And thus began Kusuke's convoluted explanation of his latest game. One once again lovingly backed by whoever funds Kusuke. He had no clue how Kusuke managed to keep being backed by his sponsors. Specifically how they put up with him. Kusuo surely wouldn't be able to put up with him for that long. And that's saying something since they're siblings.

Sometimes Kusuo really wanted to throw him off a very tall roof.

Kusuke's plan was strange but not his most outlandish. Which is saying something honestly. And there was another odd thing about it all. This plan also involved others Kusuo's age, though for once not the nuisances.

That alone should have been a red flag honestly.

Kusuke's plan was technically funded by his Japanese government connections as well as his overseas connections. However it was run by American and British 'company ambassadors'. Essentially it started with the question 'what happens when we put 20 regular highschoolers in an assassin school and actually have them complete contract killings'. To be honest, the pinkette had to stop himself from making anime references when he heard that.

Kusuo still had no clue how Kusuke managed to pull this off though.

"And what do I have to do with this?"

"Oh for this game, you will be among them"

"Why?"

"Just go along with it Kusuo! Come on, the money could go to your college fund... and fueling your coffee jelly addiction"

"What's the catch?"

"Why do you assume there is one?"

"Because it's you"

Kusuke grinned.

It was times like this that Kusuo really wished he'd broken his brothers telepathy blocker ages ago. It would only stop Kusuke for a short time but it would be satisfying. Until the older boy decided to complain to their parents.

Kusuke had always been childish.

"Almost everyone involved with the program knows your secret. I've only made a small group of those involved aware of it"

"Kusuke-"

"That's just so you don't hold back. They've all signed NDAs and they can't even snitch on you without snitching on themselves"

"You-"

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

Kusuo really hated his older brother sometimes.

————

'Merripen Private Tutoring'

They were hiding in plain sight pretty well.

The two story building actually looked normal. Being able to hide like that was essential in this line of work. This would certainly be interesting. A ding shook him from his thoughts before he could start questioning what he was doing there again. He had received a message on his phone from an unlisted number.