Talk That Talk [TW: mentions violence/weapons]

(This counts as filler right?)

The 'lair' wasn't actually that bad.

It was just a room of this abandoned building. It apparently belonged to a relative of Kuboyasu who said he could do whatever he wanted with it. So of course, he built a base with Kaido.

Saiki was currently wearing his ring because he was used to wearing it around this time and his head hurt. He had been used to the noise until he routinely began wearing the ring. So now, not wearing it during times when he'd be at Merripen made his head hurt. It sucked.

"Hey Saiki, what happened to your other ring?"

"It broke"

"Oh really? How?"

"My brother slammed my hand in a door"

Everyone winced at that. It was true actually. Saiki's skin had much better durability then an old metal ring.

"Jeez, ouch"

He just nodded, not knowing what else to say. Then suddenly Kaido grabbed his arm.

"Where'd you get this one?"

Saiki took his arm back and started picking at his nail. His response was technically the truth but he said it mostly as a joke. It threw them off either way.

"I stole it"

"What?"

Saiki scoffed at everyone's (save for nendo) expression.

"Calm down, I was joking"

"Really?"

"I seem like the stealing type to you?"

Everyone agreed that he did not seem like a thief. Then again Saiki had always been a stellar liar. Probably because he could simply manipulate their thoughts but still, he didn't rely on his powers for everything.

"I didn't expect you to make jokes"

"That's fair"

"Where did you actually get the ring?"

"It was a... gift"

They knew Saiki had friends outside them. It wouldn't be too weird to say it was from a friend. Though he could also say it was from his parents but they wouldn't randomly get him a gift like this. A friend would be more realistic in his opinion.

"Really?"

"From a friend"

Kuboyasu raised a brow at that. Saiki couldn't hear their thoughts but he could tell from body language that everyone didn't find that so normal.

"A friend?"

"Don't read into it, Toritsuka. It's costume jewelry"

"Does this friend happen to be that girl that sent you a photo a couple weeks ago?"

"She didn't send me a photo. It was to the whole group chat"

"Why?"

"The girls do it so that we know they got home safe"

Kuboyasu and the others believed that. It was a reasonable response. Especially since the crime rate had been slowly increasing as of recently.

"You didn't answer my question"

"It was a different coworker"

"Are you dating said coworker?"

"No, he bought me the ring because I said it felt weird not having one"