Chapter Twelve - Two Decades Ago

Snow fell heavily, causing a white blanket to blind even a dragon's keen vision. A chestnut steed raced through the blizzard, its breath forming steamy clouds in the freezing air. The rider on its back held the reins tightly, urging the steed to push forward even faster.

"Faster!" Raven cried, her eyes evident with urgency, her heart pounded in her chest, matching the rhythmic thumping of the steed's hooves against the frozen ground.

Through the swirling snowflakes, she caught glimpses of the towering mountains and dark forests that surrounded her. The landscape was unforgiving, but she pressed on, driven by the determination to reach her destination.

In the distance, barely visible through the thick veil of snow, stood the lair of Dezenym. It was to him that she rode, carrying precious news of great importance.

Encouraging her steed with soft words of reassurance, Raven pushed it to go faster, knowing that every second counted. The steed responded to her urging, its powerful legs carrying them through the snowstorm with remarkable speed. Taking her farther away from Khanka, her territory.

As they drew closer to the lair, Raven's heart raced with a mix of excitement and trepidation. She knew that once she reached Dezenym, their lives would change forever. The bond they had would grow even stronger as they faced the trials that lay ahead. Finally, the lair loomed before her, its entrance a dark maw against the white backdrop. With a firm grip on the reins, Raven brought her steed to a halt. She dismounted and approached the entrance, the snow crunching beneath her boots.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped inside, her heart pounding with anticipation. The warmth of the lair embraced her as she entered, a stark contrast to the bitter cold outside. The air inside was tinged with the scent of earth and fire, a familiar scent that brought her a sense of comfort and belonging.

The lair was dimly lit by flickering torches that cast dancing shadows across the stone walls. Raven's keen senses guided her through the winding passageways, leading her deeper into the heart of the lair. She knew this place well, having spent countless hours here with Dezenym, exploring the mysteries of magik, his maigk.

As she neared the center of the lair, she could feel the powerful presence of Dezenym drawing nearer. Her heart skipped a beat, knowing he was close by.

Finally, she reached the heart of the lair, where a large chamber awaited her. There, near a flickering fire, stood Dezenym. His tall, imposing figure was draped in a dark cloak.

"Dezenym," Raven called out, her voice steady despite the emotions swirling within her. "I have urgent news to share with you now."

Dezenym turned to face her, his golden eyes flickering with an otherworldly intensity and a flicker of surprise as he took in her appearance—snow clinging to her raven black hair, her light blue eyes shining with determination, her hands shivering from the cold. "Raven, what brings you here in such haste?" he inquired, putting his hand on her back and gently guided her near the warmth of the fire.

"I come bearing news of great importance, my love," she replied, taking a step closer to him. "I am with child, Dezenym. We are to be parents."

A moment of silence hung in the air, the weight of the revelation sinking in. Dezenym's eyes widened with astonishment, and then a smile, warm and genuine, spread across his face. He stepped forward and embraced her, pulling her into his strong arms.

"Raven, this is wondrous news!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with joy. "A child born a Necromancer with the strength of a wolf—such a child will be extraordinary." He said encouragingly to Raven. "I am to be a father!"

"Such a child will be hunted, my love" she warned, her gaze fell upon the flames as she sunk deeper in Dezenym's strong grasp. "You know as well as I how envious curtain creatures are to Magik like yours", Raven said, her voice wavering with worry.

"Don't you worry my love, I will keep both you and the child safe" He said reassuringly to Raven, "For now, let us find a name for them" He embraced her, holding her close.

"I have already decided on a name," Raven smiled, looking up into the golden eyes of her lover. "Onyx, her name will be, Onyx"