Prologue

With every sun, people say that it comes a new day. A new beginning. A hope that things will be better than today than they were yesterday.

But that's not for me. My name is Lea, Eep's twin sister. Smal had has caramel/red-colored hair but purple eyes. I wear a halter-neck dress that's fashioned from a rabbit's hide because of how graceful I can be by hunting. And I live with my family, the Croods. 

If you can see the animal skins we wear, and the sloping foreheads - we're cavemen

Most days we spend in our cave, in the dark... Night after night, day after day. Yep. Home Sweet Home. 
When we did go out, we struggled to find food in a harsh and hostile world as Eep and I struggled to survive our family. We were also the last ones around but we did have neighbors - 4 actually. 

But the Gorts were smashed by a mammoth.

The Horks were swallowed by a sand snake.

The Erfs had a mosquito bite.

And the Throgs had a common cold.

The only ones left is us, the Croods, who made it because of my dad. He was strong and he followed...the rules. And those rules are painted on the cave walls...

Anything new is bad, curiosity is bad, going out at night is bad. Basically, anything fun is bad! WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!

But this story is about how my life changed in an instant. Because what I didn't know was that this gem that I've found, this necklace...:

:

And I'm glad I did because this was going to change my life forever...!

Though I Was prepared, I never thought it would come to this... And that I would never felt so free in my entire life!