Proposal Promise

Three weeks later

Prisons are by far the filthiest places on the planet. I dont think this is sanitary at all. They dont even give the prisoners decent showers from what i can tell.

The guard gave me a confused look as I approached him. His eyebrows were furrowed, his weapon was lowered.

"Ms. Green, what business does a lady like you have here?" He asked me.

I smiled in his direction as I pulled papers from a bag. They were agreements between me and the King of Britain. I handed them to the guard, he looked them over and nodded.

"You want the Shelby boys and the Gray's?" he asked as he started to walk to a cell.

"Yes sir. If we could, could we release Michael Gray first?" I asked, he nodded.

The cell door was opened, Michael was laying on a bed with a piece of paper taped on the overhead shelf. He had been in here three weeks because of Tommy. He was in here for something I did.

"Mr. Gray, I believe you are being released." The guard said firmly. Michael sat up, looked at me, then scoffed.

"Always to the fuckin' rescue, aren't you." he said as he walked out of the prison, most likely getting fresh air.

"Release Polly Gray and the two Shelby boys without me. They know where they're supposed to go." I gave the guard a genuine smile and walked out the same door as Michael. He already had a cigarette in his hand.

He looked at me, then took a drag of his cigarette. He was mad. I couldn't tell if he was mad about being in prison or if he was mad he was there because if something I did.

"I'm guessing you got everyone else out?" He looked at me. His hair was overgrown and he was starting to have facial hair. He didn't exactly look bad.

"They were going to execute you in a week. I figured it was better to have a week of freedom before you had to deal with Tommy and his magnificent plans." I retorted. He wasn't amused.

"Three fucking weeks Anna!" He yelled. I turned around, keeping my posture as well as I could. "Three weeks I fucking rotted in there because of you. You could have had the decency to say it was fucking you!" He pointed a finger at me.

"You could have given me up." I said. We both know that wouldn't work in the slightest. I'm more respected than the Shelby's.

"Fuck you, Anna. You know you're in the wrong." He said. My first was clenching into a fist by now. I know better than to embarrass myself.

I walked towards him, getting about a half foot from him and started talking.

"Excuse my French, but Yes I know I'm in the fucking wrong Michael. I didn't get you in there. Tommy did. Tommy got you all in there. Hughes' body left that church the second we left." I paused. I don't like cursing. "Hell, Tommy was going to wait until the last fucking second to get you released. He was going to wait until you had a noose around your neck to release you. The least you could do is fucking thank me."

My words were calm but bitter. I kept the same monotone voice throughout my words, hoping my voice didn't raise. I didn't stutter or mumble, my words were clear. To think I would've ever had a future with an immature person like that was hilarious.

--

The door to Thomas Shelby's house was opened almost immediately when I knocked on it. His maid smiled as she saw me, letting me in and leading me to his office. He had a nice home, there's no debating that, but the decor. It was a little strange.

His eyes met mine, he knew to stop doing whatever he was doing and look at me. His eyes were cold and his hands were shaking a bit. He was nervous.

"It's been a month Tommy, where is she?" I asked as I took a seat across from his desk.

"Who?" Oh what an idiot.

"Lenora Green." I answered.

He shifted in his chair, leaning back and crossing his arms.

"She hasn't wrote back to me since Wednesday of last week." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I give you funding, I help you with the Russians, I kill one of your fucking enemies." I looked up and took a breath. "All I fucking asked for was my sister."

"Anna, I don't think you understand-" I cut him off.

"Tommy. If you do not get my sister here in two days, I will start a fucking vendetta with you." I deadpanned.

He laughed a bit. "No you won't. You don't have enough power for that. We'd end you in a day."

"Tommy, I have connections everywhere. I have them in New York with the Sicilian Italians. I have them with the New York Mafia. I have them in Germany, France, Italy, hell, I even have them in Russia." I looked at him. "My sister will be here in two days, or you will lose your youngest brother."

___
Thomas Shelby POV

When I heard the door shut, I got up and walked to the Small Heath shop. It's where everyone who was working for me was, and I needed help. I would never say that of course, I would use the word protection.

"Lizzie, where is Finn?" I asked. She pointed to an office where he was sleeping in an office chair. I slammed the door closed. He jumped awake, confused as to why I was here.

"Bloody hell, Tom." He groaned as I placed a gun in front of him. He looked at me confused.

"You stay inside. Do not go anywhere alone. Understand?" I asked. He nodded.

Lizzie and Ada were running the books, along with Esme who was keeping us company. How pleasant.

"What do we know about Anna Green?" I asked as I poured whiskey. "Esme, you know her the best."

"She has men on every corner of town. She controls the British Military, plus a few Coppers. She has control over ¾'s of Germany's business industry, and she has a personal assistant named James Monroe. She also has a bodyguard named Pacino wood." Lizzie counted off the information like it was nothing.

"Pacino wood? Is that Italian?" I asked while lighting up a smoke.

"She's got New York Italians, Boston Italians, Italy Italians. The war obviously meant nothing to her." Lizzie mumbled.

"What about Russians?" I asked.

"At least ten thousand Russians work for her. Why? Why are you so interested?" She asked.

"She wants her sister. She threatened to start a Vendetta with me over it." I looked over at my youngest brother. "He's first if we don't get her."

"Anna can't step foot in France. Her father has it issued that if she is seen in the country to have her arrested or shoot on sight." Ada told me. "That's why her business there is failing. She can never check up on it."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Alright. Ada, you come with me. Lizzie, get Johnny dogs on the phone. We're going to France before anybody fucking dies."