Chapter 1

*3rd POV*

The scene opens with a museum and an old man waiting. "Last tour of the day...." He starts and looks at a clock and then held a sign that said "Tour guide."

"I wonder why nobody wants them-" He finished but got cut off by a bus screeching in front of him and he cowered in fear.

A boy leaned out the window and shot a spit ball at the Tour guide. A girl giggled as the Tour Guide grunts. "Bull's-eye!" The boy exclaimed as the children laughed.

The Tour Guide tried to get the spit ball off his finger but couldn't as the bus door open. 2 girls and 4 boys get off.

"Hi, super old guy!" The shortest one of them all said, her name was Marie. "A museum? Again?" A boy asked, and his name was Alex. The tour guide was shaking. "Uh, I hate stuff." Another boy said, his name was Matthew. 

"Oh, boy." The tour guide said. "It's okay, Thomas. I'll take them." A male said as he walked down the stairs. "Uh...are you sure? I think these are the detention kids." He asked before whispering that last part, before getting hit with a spit ball. 

The kids cheer. "Don't you worry, I can handle them. You go take your break." The man said to Thomas as he pats his shoulder. "Thanks." Thomas said hoarsely as he walked off. Alex spit multiple spit balls at the man, but he blocked them with a sigh. "Follow me, kids." The man said as he turned his back to them and began walking up the stairs.

"Huh?" All the kids say as they began following him. The man walked away from the door of the museum to the side. "Yo, man, the museum door is that way." Alex said as he points to the door. "Yes, it is-- but you aren't like the other kids. Oh, no, no, no. You...need to see something special." The man said as he smiled at the kids. 

The kids walked towards where he was standing. "Right through that door." The man said, pointing to the wall. "Huh?" The kids asked, not seeing a door. "You're seeing things, man." The second girl said, her name was Emily. "Am I? Or are you not seeing things?" The man said as he stepped back and stepped to the side to show bricks in front of his face that they couldn't see. 

"Whoa!" All the kids said, amazed. "Come on." The man said as he began to walk off. The kids began to follow shortly after him, and a door was shown as they kids follow. "Now, today is November 2nd. Does anyone here know why that date is important?" The man asked he was holding a flashlight as they walked.

"Taco Tuesday!" Marie said happily. Everyone laughed as the man chuckled. "No." He said smiling. "Gorge yourself on Halloween Candy, day?" Emily asked as the boy with the blond hair, drops candy out of his mouth, his name was Blake. 

"Nope. Today is the Day of the Dead." The man said smiling. "Wait. Is that, like, National Zombie Day or something?" Matthew asked as everyone laughed. The man raised an eyebrow and smiled. Suddenly a woman came out of nowhere. "Bleh!" She said scaring them. The kids screamed as the man just stared at the woman smiling. 

"You can't go this way." The woman said to the kids. "You will get us both in trouble-- ancient rules of the, uh, the museum...administration." The woman said as the man walked up to her and stroked her cheek. She smiled a little as the man sighs happily. "Well...I suppose I could turn a blind eye, my..." The woman said, before the man kissed her cheek before he kept walking with the kids following him, but Marie who was staring at the woman with interest. 

"Dear." She finished as she watched the man walk off before noticing Marie still watching her. She roars scaring her. Marie screams as she ran to the others. The woman chuckles. The man rolled his eyes smiling. "Behold, children, the glorious beauty of Mexico!" He said as he flipped a light on, showing a lot of beautiful things from Mexico. 

All the kids looked around amazed. "Whoa." Matthew said as he looked at something. "This place, is loco." Emily said as she rolled around on her roller-skates to stop in front of a lot of skulls. "So many skulls!" Alex said admiring it. "At least that part isn't lame..." Matthew said. 

Marie was climbing up stares to a book, but since she was short, she had difficulty. The others followed shortly after. "Whoa. What is this book?" Marie asked the man. "That is...the Book of Life. All the world is made of stories, and all of those stories are right here." The man said as he opened the book to show the children. 

"This book holds many truths. Some are actually true." The man said as the camera zooms in on the photo of the book and it played a short clip of it. "The Battle of Cinco de May-o?" Marie asked reading it. "Mayo! I love mayo!" Matthew said as the children laugh. "And some, not so much." The man said as the camera zoomed back in on the picture showing a strange looking goat. 

"El Chupacabras? The legendary goat suckers? I have to get one." Matthew said then whispered the last part as the kids laugh. The man chuckled. "Now, although you may doubt some of these stories, there is one thing that we know for certain--Mexico is the center of the universe. And long ago, in the center of Mexico was the quaint little town of San Angel." The man explained as he flipped a page in the book.

The camera zoomed in and showed a small boy in the little animation. "Churros! Churros!" The boy said, before a bird flew off and pooped on it. The boy paused. "Frosted churros!" The kid said again, trying to play off what the bird did. "Now, naturally, since San Angel was the center of the universe, directly below it lay...the Land of the Remembered, a festive and magical place for those who live on in the memories of their loved ones!" The man explained.

The kids smiled happily at that. "Whoa." Matthew said listening. "And below that lies the Land of the Forgotten." The man explained. "The sad and lonely destination for those poor souls who are no longer remembered." The man explained as the kids frowned. "But before I can properly, began our story, you need to meet the two magical rulers of these realms." The man said before looking up at a picture of handsome man that looked like a skeleton, in a coat and hat.

"Who is that?" Marie asked admiring the picture. "That...Hamato Yoshi. He is made out of sweet sugar candy." The man explained. "He's so handsome." Matthew said. "He is, isn't he?" The man asked smiling. "He loves all womenkind, and believes that their hearts are pure and true." The man said and boops Marie's nose. 

Then he looked at a picture of woman. "And that is Big Mama. That pretty rascal thinks womenkind is not so pure, just like her." The man said. "She looks spooky." Marie said. "Yes. She's made out of tar and everything icky in the whole world." The man explained. "She's so...pretty." Matthew said, causing the kids to laugh. 

"Uh, what about the weirdo with the beard-o?" Emily asked. The man chuckled. "Well, that is the Candle Maker. He keeps everything in balance. He is made out of wax, and has a beard full of clouds." The man said as the kids laugh. "Clouds?" Matthew asked. The kids kept giggling and chuckling. 

The man chuckled. "All right, let me show you something else." He said as he walked towards a chest and opened it. "See, all of these wooden figures here, they represent real people in our story, just like you and me." The man explained, showing a lot of figures. "Whoa!" All the kids said amazed. 

"And so our tale begins, on the day the people of Mexico call the Day of the Dead." The man said as the camera zooms in on a photo of three boys and two girls. "No retreat?" A boy in a blue outfit said. "No surrender!" The two other boys said as the, two girls and the boy in the blue outfit were holding fake swords, while the two other boys were holding guitars. The five of them cheer as they ran into their hometown.