Building Corruption

Lloyd's POV:

A blaze of energy, hovering my hand. I lifted it towards the mist of dust.

I threw it, hearing a grunt.

"Yes." I say, repeating the tactic. I followed the voice, and I bumped into Kai.

I sway my legs, kicking him in the face without hesitation. Blood stains hit my face as the fog slowly disputed, Kai's nose was bleeding, using his arm to wipe off the running blood.

"Argh!" He stepped back, shaking. I walked closer and punched his face, aiming my knuckles into his cheekbone.

He landed on his knees.

I stood in front of him, looking at him with no mercy. He looked down as he slowly stood back up. His hand behind his back.

"Lloyd." I heard him whisper. My eyes largen.

"No." The place suddenly went hot, my breath shortened as dreadful air released from out of nowhere.

Not dust, I could smell smoke.

The building caught fire. Wood accessories and furniture set fire as the fire directly aimed for me. The scorching flames screamed, I knew this wasn't normal. Kai was never able to do this.

He showed me his hands, and sparks were shooting out. His eyes were glowing red. He unsheathed his sword and slashed it towards my neck, I quickly reacted and held it with my bare hands. Silky blood drops dripped down my hands, and he pushed the sword further. I was getting overpowered.

"Kai!" I yelled, I head butted his head, and we both parted. I felt dizzy. He dropped his sword.

We stood there, staring at each other with burning hatred. He lit more fire. This was it.

The building was already falling apart.

The floor on top of us burned, and the wood flooring fell. I dodged some and got hit. I got slammed in the shoulder.

"Crap.." I breathed heavily. The building started collapsing. That's when I realised that this was his plan. He was going to burn down the building and kill us both!

I looked at the evacuate exit and started running there until Kai dragged me down and pinned me to the floor. He held my wrist tightly.

I felt an urge of unknown pain from my wrist. I felt something swallow up from my throat, a fog of dark appearance, escaping from my body. The evil..it's the oni magic.

I struggled and withstood the pain it brought. It stabbed my throat, and it was fully released. Kai watched in fear, stepping back a bit, letting go.

It went through the walls, and then it disappeared. I panted. My mark went away as well, I feel...different?

"No time!"Kai yelled as he grabbed my waist and pulled me up. He headed for the exit, but something was blocking the way. I winced in pain from my shoulder. It was bruised and damaged.

Kai threw a fire ball and smashed the object, making the exit free.

We stood outside, Kai leading me away and setting me down. We watched the building slowly turn into nothing.