Chapter II

*NEWSFLASH: Murder on Cornelia street with no suspect.*

The police were investigating the crime scene after Kieran reported it. Her hands were trembling as she dialed their phone number, telling them what happened without also telling them what happened.

As far as the policemen know, there was a dead man lying on the street and Kieran saw him. She said that she knew the guy and was shocked. A lie that was so easy to tell but so guilty to think about.

The girl bit her lip as she watched the news.

*HEADLINE: Autopsy reports two hole wounds on the victim's neck.*

Kieran immediately turned off the television. She heaved a shaky sigh and gripped her own arms tight feeling nausea.

Authorities already interviewed the girl and they believed everything she said so easily. They couldn't get a hold of any CCTV footage. All of them were jammed. Kieran could only think of one who could do that. She bitterly let out a small laugh.

She will never get caught.

She straightened herself, flatting out the creases on her uniform as she began preparing to go out. Kieran went to her university, trying not to think about what happened.

The whole day her mind was all about red eyes. Her focus was all over the place, she couldn't get it out of her brain. Ivan's short scream, Ivan's blood, Lethia's eyes, and Lethia's declaration that she wants her back.

How could she want her back, when everything bad happening was her fault. Lethia left Kieran without any explanation, she was ghosted. Then the older girl suddenly just strutted back trying to claim her again like she was just a baggage left in a counter of a grocery store.

Then Lethia killed someone.

The most upsetting thing was the fact that it didn't lessen what Kieran feels for the vampire. It's so fucked up.

She liked it when Lethia held her waist, when Lethia pulled her closer, when Lethia touched her, and everything Lethia did to shake up Kieran's core again. It felt good.

But Lethia...was a vampire.

A vampire who has bloodlust.

Kieran accepted that, she was never afraid. Lethia would never hurt her. But just like most of stories, it was complicated.

The young girl could feel sweat dripping on her skin. She just finished classes, and was out of the campus. She scurried over to her part time job, changing out of her school uniform and into her job's uniform. Immediately, she began serving customers.

That kept her busy for a while so her mind stopped thinking of one vampire.

On break time, she went out of the back door to get some air and rest. However, her co-workers were also there.

"Oi Kier, finally went on a break huh?"

She rolled her eyes at Maddie. "Yeah, one of you should go back. Mag isa lang si Jeremy don."

"Please, Kayang kaya na ni Jeremy yon." Hannah laughed as she took a long drag out of her cigarette.

Kieran scrunched up her nose, not liking the smell.