Chapter 1: Sharing Bento

-Kaguya POV-

It was officially lunch time, and as usual, I lounged in the Student Council room, preparing to consume my hefty, well-nourished bento. Usually, by now, Shirogane would have been in the room; however, he had some business to take care of beforehand.

"Kaguya-san, my bento is extra yummy today I made it myself. Do you want to share?" My best friend, Chika Fujiwara, chipperly asked

"Ah, Fujiwara-san, I didn't know you were here!"

Fujiwara-san put her finger to her lips gently and gave it some thought. "I've been here the whole time," she mentioned.

I was completely shocked by the prospect that she had been here the whole time-not that I would have anything to worry about if she saw me; however, I wish she would announce herself as she usually does.

"Kaguya-san, say awww!" Fujiwara-san softly spoke; the inflection in her voice had her usual cuteness mixed in.

I opened my mouth and was fed hamburger from her bento, despite me not saying I would be fed. I didn't even realize that we even started the process; I was too lost in thought to ask, "Is it yummy?" She questioned

My brain slowed down, and I stared deep into Fujiwara-san's eyes, nodding in response to her question. There was a strange feeling of oddity in the air that I felt needed to be broken up, and unfortunately, my wish was granted as the door swung open.

"I apologize for being late..." Shirogane announced as he entered the room, sitting at his desk for some reason.

"What took you so long, prez?" I asked with a hint of fury in my voice to really get the point across that I was angry.

The president sighed with trepidation. "I apologize-Ishigami really held me up today," he replied sincerely.

Fujiwara-san glanced at the president and frowned. "Where is your lunch?" She asked him

"Ishigami accidentally made me drop it; it's no big deal since I need to continue working anyway!"

So... the usual pieces are set. I should use this impromptu event to my advantage. He'll have to share my bento, and then we will fall in love.

"President, how about we share my bento?" Fujiwara-san casually brought it up on a whim.

I began to feel a sudden sense of dread. I glared at Fujiwara-san, who was whimsically dancing without a care in the world. The president, however, took notice of my murderous glare.

"I apologize, but I don't think it would be right for me to share your bento. After all, you should eat so you can work to your fullest!" He suggested

Fujiwara-san placed the bento on the table and pushed it towards him, urging him to capitulate to her demands since he also couldn't work to his fullest on an empty stomach.

"Maybe just a single bite," he said nervously.

He picked up the chopsticks and took a bite of some of the rice in the pink-haired girl's bento. He noticed my icy stare at him the entire time he was eating.

"I think that is enough... I really need to get back to work!" He shouted

Fujiwara-san nodded, content with the fact that the president had eaten at least one bite. She continued to eat her bento like nothing had happened. With each bite, her body relaxed more and more until she was slouched against the president's desk.

"Are you alright, Fujiwara-san?" I asked her

"Yes, but also no. I have noticed that you haven't eaten anything," she examined.