Prologue

Many centuries ago the world was a harmonious place. Peace prevailed overall as every creature lived together in perfect harmony: humans, Werewolves, Vampires, Spellcasters and the rare Moonwolves. Hatred and anger were non-existent. The world was almost a kind of paradise. 

But that was until one fateful day—the day of the wolf massacre. 

Unbeknownst to many, some wolves became greedy, longing for power, land and mates. Their longing became desperate and anger rapidly grew. Multiple packs banded together, increasingly becoming more and more savage. 

And then the massacre began. 

In their masses, they began the biggest hunt of their lives. Storming every village, every town, every city, slaughtering those in sight.  The rampage went on for days and no one was spared. People fled in their thousands, trying to find refuge. Thankfully some succeed and hid themselves away.

But there were others who decided to take a stand. People from every other species. Gathering together, they fought with a united front. Putting their lives on the line, they bravely fought for peace. And eventually, they succeeded, but it was not without a significant loss.

Once they took back control, all those in power united once again to gather those responsible and hold them accountable. The leaders and commanding soldiers of the wolf packs were swiftly executed. Their followers were either imprisoned or banished and anyone caught trespassing would be executed. Fear controlled all those affected by the massacre and so even those who weren't involved had some form of punishment. Allowed to remain in the cities in which they lived, but forced to move to the slums. Poor conditions, famine and disease caused the wolf population to decrease. 

Centuries later, healing from the tragedy was still slow and very little had changed. Fear of wolves caused them to be looked down upon and children learned to steer clear of them as they were dangerous and not to ever be trusted. The pain caused by wolves could never be forgotten as the trauma from those times still lingered.

For one family of vampires in particular, they still remained guarded and untrusting, fearing further pain and loss. Though this tragedy brought them closer, little did they know that their bond and family were about to be invaded and tested in the most unimaginable way.