Chapter 4

Your P.O.V

"Heyy Y/N!" Alex shouted out as he sat on his palisman's staff. He knew that I walked to school, so he'd pick me up occasionally. He already had his staff since he was a year older than me. His palisman was an alligator that he got at last year's palisman adoption day.

"What's up?" I greeted back as I ran over to board the staff. We waved at each other as I was running over. Nothing much has happened with Boscha since the Lana Spell Rey incident on Wednesday. All she did on Thursday was write and stuff. She was barely halfway done with the writing.

Alex started flying us to school. He stayed focused on where he was going as he spoke. "So, you excited to see your favorite potions partner today?" I rolled my eyes as this was brought up. I looked down at Bonesborough as we passed over it.

"Ugh. No." He chuckled at my statement as he started turning to Hexside. The breeze through my hair as we flew was very refreshing. I enjoyed these rides. I can't wait until I get my very own staff! 

We reached our halt as Alex and I hopped off the staff. "I can't wait til I get my own staff… flying must be so cool, man." I said almost sounding disappointed. Palisman adoption day wasn't for another month. He gave me a pat on the back to make me feel better.

We walked towards the school and went to enter. "Ugh. I'm so happy it's the end of the week. This whole potions thing has me so fucked up." I said. Alex nodded, understanding my position

"Pfft. I bet. Hey, just remember, only four days left of her." I let out a small sigh of relief that was interrupted by a swift knock in the back of the head. It swept me off my feet and knocked me down. I scraped my hand a bit when I tried to save myself from falling. I heard Alex trying not to laugh.

I sat there for a moment trying to process what just happened. I then heard an unfamiliar voice yell out "I'M SO SORRY!!" From in front of me. Alex helped me up, and I saw a girl running my way with noticeably round ears. Behind her, I saw a pale white witch riding away on her staff.

The girl got to me, and I realized this is no ordinary student. This is Luz the human! She got closer and spoke in a panicked tone, trying to catch her breath from running. "I'm so sorry, are you okay? Eda might have had apple blood this morning or something.." 

I let out a tiny chuckle and rubbed the back of my head. "Yeah, I'm okay. Thank you for asking. It's nice to meet you. It's Luz, right?" She smiled at my confirmation. She nodded when I said her name.

"That's me! Nice to meet you." I felt kind of bad about this, but I wanted to ask her questions so badly. I looked at her curiously, observing her ears and face. I decided not to say anything since I saw Gus and Willow walking up.

Alex and I waved and Luz looked behind her. She too waved at the duo as they came up. Gus looked up at me and spoke, while Willow dished a polite smile. "So.. I didn't know you guys knew Luz. Small world!" I giggled. I didn't know they knew Luz either.

"Uh, yeah. We actually just met." I looked at Luz, and realized I never introduced myself. "Oh yeah, my name is Y/N. This is Alex." Suddenly the bell went off. Dang, it was already time to go to school?

"Already? We just got here." Alex expressed. It seems like everyone else was pretty surprised too. We all walked into the school as we made small talk, but we had to part ways to go to class.

Boscha's P.O.V.

*Later that day…*

I don't really think I can do this project alone anymore. I've already seen people turn their projects in, and I'm barely even halfway done with the writing segment. I might have to work with.. that girl. I guess it's worth it if it means I get to pass the class.

I approached the class, my writing and potion supplies in hand. I really don't know how the hell I'm gonna ask this girl for help after I was so stern about not wanting help. I don't even remember what her name was. Whatever. I'll figure it out.

I sat down at my desk. She was already there. I waited for class to start before I said anything. I looked down at my paper and tapped my pencil against the table a few times. Alright, I got this. It's going to be okay. I saw her scoot back per my request on Monday. As she was scooting, I looked over at her.

"Hey, um, what's your name again?" She looked really shocked that I asked that. It's not even that big of a deal. She sat up taller and prepared to speak.

"Y/N." She muddled. Oh yeah. Stupid name. That doesn't matter right now though, because I have a project to finish. She stayed scooted back, which wasn't going to work. I moved my hand towards me, ordering her to scoot in. She did just that.

"Okay, Y/N. I can't do this project alone. Can you write the other half of this? I'll work on one of the potions. I'll do the other potions over the weekend." I whispered, not wanting anyone to hear me asking for help. She gave me a smug 'I told you so' look. I struck back an exasperated one which made her return to a normal expression.

She nodded as she grabbed the papers and a pencil. I stood up and went to get a brewing pot from the front of the class. The first potion we had to make was a fog brew. I had all the ingredients in vials and I spread them all out. 

By the time I sat back down, she was writing. I began to grab the vials and poured them into the pot one by one. After every single one I poured, I mixed the pot. I only had one left. I reached out to grab the vial, but I accidentally put it out of reach. Oh god. I have to ask.. Y/N. Can I even embarrass myself anymore at this point?

"Pass me that." I said sternly while pointing to the vial. I hoped she couldn't hear how embarrassed I was to be talking to her in my voice. She looked up and nodded a little. She then reached to grab the vial, and pushed her hand towards me. When I went to grab it, my hand touched hers.

All of a sudden, my face felt warm. I paused as I looked down at my hand on hers. I looked up and she was smiling. My face kept getting warmer. I quickly took the vial after this. 

What the hell was that? Why did I like that? Why didn't I pull away? I must be sick or something. I should've stayed at home. Ugh! Whatever. It's probably whatever. Just dont worry about it. My face wouldn't cool down, no matter how much I tried not to think about it.

Your P.O.V.

I went to hand her the vial of pink liquid. Her hand touched mine, but she didn't move. Then she just looked at me before she took the vial. Her face had a warmer complexion for the rest of class. Odd.

I kept on writing until the bell went off. I wasn't finished, so I was just gonna finish it at home. Boscha seemed less rushed than usual to get out of there, but she seemed a lot.. clumsier? Maybe she's sick or something.

"Hey, I'm gonna finish this at home, okay?" I informed her. She looked at me and nodded. Her face was still warmer looking than usual. She went to put back the pot, and I went to walk out of class. Only three more days. I've got this.