Chapter 36: Fair

In a large room was a crystal round table and around it sat eight people all donned in expensive armor or clothing. The most noticeable one was a breathtakingly handsome middle-aged man. His hair was black, with a few faint gray shades that were tied into a ponytail.

His skin was fair. The man had a muscular build and an angular chiseled chin. His eyes were green, almost like emeralds. He wore a red bedazzled suit with small magic circles that were constantly moving on his clothing. He sat on a huge chair like a throne and he wore a crystal crown on his head.

The other most noticeable thing about the other seven people in the room was the tattoo of an emerald with three swords piercing it on their necks.

"King Girsal, people from the Drumel kingdom have started to make their move." Advisor Chu announced calmly as he stood before King Girsal.

Advisor Chu's skin was olive and his deep black hair glittered under the afternoon sun rays. He wore a blue suit and had the look of a schemer. He stood up to 6'3 feet tall.

In his right hand, he held a glowing stone tablet. He used his left hand to straighten his glasses which covered his mesmerizing purple eyes.

"Oh, have they? They sure took their sweet time," King Girsal chuckled as an evil grin spread across his face.

His cold green eyes scanned the hall, but the officials stared at him unfazed but still with smirks of their own.

"Soon they'll come to our Kingdom, stating that a kingdom using magic is an abomination to the gods," Advisor Chu continued with a hint of mockery in his voice.

"It seems my plan worked," King Girsal smiled.

"However, this has taken two hundred years, your Majesty. To lie to twenty human kingdoms and change their history so that the heroes who saved their kingdoms despised magic. This would make them attack each other for the unification of the continent, giving us the opportunity to strike hard when they come and attack us," Duke Melissa stated with a hint of interest in her voice.

She is a young woman with short blonde hair and a pair of deep blue eyes. Her flawless brown skin contrasted with the platinum armor she was wearing, which revealed some of her curves. Her hands were large metal claws and one foot was a soft fabric shoe.

King Girsal got up from his throne, his black armor gave him an air of dominance, "It's finally time to expand Sandeph once again. All my father did was expand it from a city, to a nation, to finally a kingdom. He could have made Sandeph greater but gave up. I have increased our resources, military strength, and quality. Even so, I could not have done all this without those standing before me."

"Your majesty." they all cried in harmony, almost tearing up.

"Now it's our time to turn Sandeph from a kingdom, to an empire and then into a High Land." King Girsal boomed as everyone in the room placed their hands to their chest.

"As you wish, your majesty! As your loyal subjects, it'd be an honor to help you achieve your goal." A slim, fair skinned man who wore a long black robe bowed.

He had black hair hanging down to his waist and a pair of soulless black eyes.

"Thank you, Marquess Green. Once Sandeph becomes a High Land all our past humiliation will disappear," King Girsal announced, making the Marquess smile.

King Girsal then turned to a burly man in heavy white armor, "Duke Huns, you must start getting the magic builders and architects ready. As soon as we defeat the neighboring kingdom we will take over their lands and build great walls around them."

"Yes your majesty." Duke Huns answered.

He appeared as a middle-aged, brown-skinned man, with short pink hair and a bushy pink beard. His bulky and muscular body underneath his armor gave him an air of dominance and strength, despite the pretty coloring of his hair.