you brought it down♪

Third Person's POV

Taehyung climb down a step of stairs and ducked in the narrow road which lead to the place where the matches usually takes place. His black headphones are not hanging around his neck this time, he had put his headphones on, "Outsider" by Rachel Grae is the song he's currently listening to.
Taehyung was fighting the first match today, a very casual one. Usually the first match is either the easiest or the most complicated one. Today it was an easy bet, Taehyung wanted it to be one. His wounds weren't completely heald, his cuts were healed although they did left few scars, like the very visible one right under his lower lip, the ribs still hurts here and there but he did apply the balm again.
Taehyung is a calm person, his personality is very calm and composed, he doesn't loose his shit easily, he never really had much interest in boxing, maybe he did at certain point of life but he learned it and started participating in those matches for money, but never realized when it became a way to escape his problems, a way to distract his mind whenever paintings didn't help, he never understood how boxing started to become a huge part of his life, where it not only provided him money but also a peace of mind.

Taehyung straightway went to the backroom where Jackson was waiting for him.
"You're still sure right? I know your opponent might be someone who can't fight as well as you but you're hurt and I....I don't want you to get hurt again. Listen, I've seen you struggling a lot but just stop hurting yourself. I can always cancel the match-"
"Jackson, stop! I'm alright, calm down. I'm okay, my wound is healing quite well, it just hurts if I apply pressure over it or else it's okay? Maybe? Atleast it doesn't hurt and I won't hurt myself again, I promise." Taehyung reassured Jackson as he quickly pulled off his hoodie after keeping the headphones inside his bag.
"Your wound looks anything but okay." Jackson commented as his eyes landed on the wound and Taehyung rolled his eyes at his friend.
"Patch it up. I can't walk into the ring like this." Taehyung said as he held out few body patches for Jackson to patch him up.
"Are you crazy? Those are not something you use over wounds like this." Jackson said with a frown.
"I know, Einstein. Just do it, we have no other option. We don't have much time, the match will start in fifteen minutes." Taehyung said as he sat on the small stool kept in the room.
Jackson hesitantly took those body patches and covered the whole bruised area, hissing here and there whenever he felt he applied a bit too much pressure on the wound.
Although, Taehyung did feel the pain but didn't react because he knew Jackson would start panicking. Taehyung's thoughts were too overpowering in front of the pain.

Taehyung entered into the arena and saw the huge crowd which surrounding the ring. He and Jackson made their way to the ring and stood beside it. Jackson holding Taehyung's water bottle and a towel. Taehyung was just in his blue shorts which he usually wears during his matches, his upper body is naked, just the body patches covering half of his ribs area, his abs and those small moles all over his body is visible, sweats dripping down his body.
The referee comes near him to ask if he was ready to enter into the ring and Taehyung just nods at him. Taehyung sees the man going to other side of the ring. The referee approached a man, which Taehyung assumes is his opponent  and he sees that the other man also nods. Taehyung can't really see their face but he looks quite built.

Taehyung enters into the ring and faces the crowd, his eyes in the front, not bothering to look back at Jackson or the referee and his opponent who were standing at a few meters distance from him.
"The first match of the day is between V and Jk. The highest bet is 300$ for this match." The guy standing behind the ring with a mic in his hands says through the mic and the whole arena erupts into loud cheers.
"Both the opponents face each other. The match will start in...."
Everything goes blank the moment Taehyung faces his opponent, his eyes growing wide as he looks at the other.
Jk, jk, jk, Jungkook, jk. It's Jungkook, his opponent.
Jungkook looks at the other with same wide eyes and he can see the shock in Taehyung's eyes as well.
Now it all adds up, the bruises and all and somedays Taehyung just disappearing from the CVS during his work hours, it all adds up now.
Both of them too busy to register the whole situation that they didn't hear the whistle, neither did they see the referee moving at one corner to observe.
The timer for the frist round was on, people just stared at the duo inside the ring in confusion, expecting a fight, but nothing comes until Jackson shouts.
"What's wrong with you? Fcking fight, you'll loose." Jackson shouts at the other and both of them finally breaks out of the spell.
Taehyung looks around and sees the stop watch is on, he already lost 52 seconds.
Taehyung sighed and walked upto the referee.
"Let's restart the match. No money on this." Taehyung asks the referee to restart the match and he said the last part because he knew the referee won't agree otherwise and Taehyung refuses to leave the ring without letting his frustration go.
Jungkook didn't need the money, he just wanted something to distract him and when he asked Mingyu if there was any boxing match today his friend said there was and he just asked him to enlist his name without giving it a thought. Jungkook didn't expect to ever face Taehyung inside the ring but he can't run away now, he needs to fight, atleast he can let go of some of his frustration.

The whistle blew once again and Jungkook was the first one to attack, his left fist flinging on Taehyung's right but Taehyung dodges it swiftly and Jungkook attacks again but Taehyung dodges the punch again, but this time the moment he saw Jungkook retracting his hands back he attacked, moving his left hand slightly forward to make it look like he was going to attack with his left hand but instead he attacked with his right fist and Jungkook moved in the same direction and he felt Taehyung's fist colliding with his cheekbone.
Jungkook coughed a bit at the sudden blow, but looked back up and saw a punch coming in his way which he dodged swiftly.
Jungkook stands up straight and goes straight for Taehyung's nose and this time Taehyung failed to dodge it, even before he could reach Jungkook's fist collided with his jaw again, making him cough, his jaw turning a bright shade of red soon after.
Taehyung looks back at Jungkook and he doesn't see those soft eyes, he sees the fierce ones which makes him look superior and Taehyung hates to admit it, but Jungkook looks really beautiful even with fierce eyes and a swollen cheek.
Taehyung turns around and dodges few of Jungkook's punches and then finally punches under Jungkook's chin, which makes Jungkook stumble back a bit.
Jungkook now starts getting defensive as Taehyung attacks continuously.
Taehyung's jaw is bruised and the wound under Taehyung's lip is bleeding slightly, whereas Jungkook's nose is bleeding.
Taehyung looks back at the huge stop watch, just few more seconds left.
Taehyung notices how Jungkook was panting slightly, he takes the advantage and starts attacking, few of which Jungkook dodges but few hits him on the nose again and jaw.
The referee blows the whistle again and both of them move away from each other, both panting heavily as they make their way towards their friend.
Jungkook grabs the chilled bottle of water and gulps it down in one go where as Taehyung drinks the water while observing Jungkook's movements, his eyes following smallest of the gesture the other was making.
Jungkook looked too beautiful for Taehyung to look away.

-----
This is it for today.
Happy reading<3
I plan on changing the cover pic of this book to this-

Wanted to let y'all know so that you don't get confused.