you won't let go♪

(a/n: I suggest you to read the previous chapter once again if you've forgotten, since it's been long since I updated. Expect frequent update from now on, since we're almost at the end.)

Third Person's POV

The funeral got over a few minutes ago, everyone was set to leave now.

Taehyung was sitting at the corner, staring mindlessly at his grandmother's portrait. She was smiling beautiful in it.

Jungkook clicked that picture few months back when they had a date night at Taehyung's apartment.
While Taehyung was preparing dinner for both, Jungkook and Mrs. Kim were having their little photo session.

Taehyung just stared at the portrait, memories rushing down in front of his eyes.
He hasn't shed a single tear after getting out of the hospital. It felt like, as if no amount of tear can justify the pain and ache he's feeling right now. He feels the constant tug in his heart.
Now he's alone, his biggest support is gone.

Taehyung can hear Jungkook bidding his farewell to Jackson.
Not many people were present at the funeral. Just the Jeons, Yoongi and his friends. Jackson also rushed to the hospital when Taehyung called him to inform Mrs. Kim's demise.

"Taehyung, we need to go home now." Yoongi patted his brother's head lightly to gain his attention.

Taehyung did get startle a bit, but nodded nonetheless, although he didn't make any effort to get up.

Why should he make an effort to leave the place where his grandma's soul resides now?

"Taehyung, it's getting late. You need to eat something right? Let's go, we need to get going." Yoongi nudges him again, but as usual, didn't receive any response.

When Yoongi is about to push Taehyung on this topic again, Jungkook arrives, motioning Yoongi to not push further.

Once Yoongi leaves Taehyung's side, Jungkook settles beside Taehyung, wrapping one of his hands around Taehyung's shoulder, and without any words Taehyung leans in, placing his head on Jungkook's shoulder, finally relaxing a bit.

"Don't want to go home?" Jungkook asks Taehyung softly, his palm caressing Taehyung's bicep.

"Not home. Not anymore." Taehyung mumbled out. His voice hoarse.

"Silly! Do you think nana will leave you just like that?" Jungkook let out a small chuckle.

"She just did."

"Baby, she left the world physically, but didn't she say she'll be with you forever? Don't you hold her in here? Isn't this her permanent place?" Jungkook asks softly, pointing towards Taehyung's heart.

"She is, she will always be here." Taehyung mumbled out, feeling the moisture returning back in his eyes.

"Then? She'll always be there to guide and protect you, baby. The pain was insufferable for her, you know that right? She was so strong, she endured it for years. It must've taken her a lot if strength and energy to come this far. Maybe the pain increased beyond her tolerance? She wouldn't have leave you here if she had that choice, love. She's finally free from that pain. Like you always wanted. She's free from the sufferings. You wanted that right? You saw her whimpering due to the pain every night, didn't you?" Jungkook kept comforting Taehyung, knowing very well what he needed.

"Yeah...she's not in pain anymore. She's free. Finally after years she's free." Taehyung sniffles.

"Mhmm that's right. But that doesn't mean she left your side entirely, love. She's here, in your heart. Always here to guide and protect you. She's always going to be by your side." Jungkook says as he kisses Taehyung's temple, trying to comfort the other with nothing but the truth.

"By our side." Taehyung mumbled out, taking Jungkook by surprise.

"Oh yeah...yeah by our side." Jungkook smiles.

"I got something for you." Jungkook broke the silence between them after a few minutes.

"Hm?" Taehyung let out a confused sound, head still resting on Jungkook's shoulder, his eyes closed due to exhaustion.

Jungkook doesn't reply right away, rather hands him over a small maroon velvet box.

"Not a good day to propose." Taehyung mumbles out, nonetheless taking the box from Jungkook's grip.
Jungkook chuckled at his response.

"If you think I'll propose you like this, without a whole thousand words confession, you're definitely wrong." Jungkook chuckled out yet again. He didn't lie though.

"If you think I'll let you propose before me, then you're wrong as well." Taehyung mumbled out, finally opening the box.

He frowned when he saw the gold chain and a small heart shaped pendant dangling. The pendant wasn't tiny though.

"Why suddenly?" Taehyung asked, caressing the velvet material of the box.

"Open it." Jungkook motioned towards the pendant, but Taehyung didn't get it, so he frowned in return.

"Open what? The box is already open." Taehyung frowned. What was Jungkook talking about?

Jungkook just shook his head with a small smile and proceeded to open the small heart pendant.
It had two sides, for keeping mini pictures.
One side already had a very tiny picture of Taehyung and Mrs. Kim hugging side by side. Taehyung definitely need to squint his eyes with how tiny the picture is, but it is still clear.

Taehyung adores the pendant for a minute before turning towards Jungkook and giving him a tender kiss on his lips.
Jungkook kissed back after giving a small smile.
Taehyung liked his gift.

"You're truly something." Taehyung shook his head and handed the chain to Jungkook and motioned him to help him wear it.

"How did you even come up with this?" Taehyung asked once Jungkook successfully made Taehyung wear it.

"You wanted your nana close to you. What's better than this?" Jungkook shrugged before pulling Taehyung in a hug.

Taehyung just silently shed some tears.
God indeed take his biggest strength away, but he also gave him Jungkook in return. Someone who is no less than his home.

Taehyung and Jungkook were forced to break the hug when they heard Yoongi shouting.
Both shared a look and immediately got up, dusting away the dust residue, they made their way towards the entrance.

Taehyung clenched his jaw once his eyes landed on the person Yoongi was fighting with.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked lowly, having enough of his father's bullshit. He won't let this man ruin his life anymore.

"My son! It's my mother-in-law's funeral, I can't even visit her now?" Hansoo asked with a dramatic expression.

"No, you're not allowed anywhere near me, or her! Get the fuck out of here, before I do something." Taehyung threatened, ready to fight the disgrace of his father.
How insensitive can this person be?
Taehyung just lost his grandma, and this shameless man is here to create a scene again?

"Hansoo, get lost! You already have a lot of cases lined up against you, don't want to add another one, do you?" This time Jungkook is the one to speak.

"You little slut-" Hansoo couldn't finish his words when Taehyung landed a punch right across his jaw, on the same place he punched before.

"Don't you dare to use such terms for him! You'll end up in a horrible position, Hansoo. Get the fuck out of here! I'll see your pathetic face in court." With that Taehyung walked back in, along with Jungkook.

-------
Hii!!! I'm back!
I'm sorry for the late update but exams made me realise how terrible writer's block feels.
Let me know your views about this chapter please.