Chapter 2: Fate

The deity, Enkidu, continued to stare at the city. The forest that her master would call home from now one was silent. A gentle breeze was the only thing to accompany her in this silence. "...!?" A familiar sense caught her attention as she stared ever so curiously at the city. She knew exactly who it was she was sensing. It was her King that dresses himself on fine golden armor. It was an exciting thought but at the same time why is it that once again fate had made her some kind of puppet once more? "But..." The deity softly shook her head before a stunning smile that took upon her features. "-to fight him once again would be...amazing." She spoke the truth before turning to reside inside the cave where her master was fast asleep. Despite knowing this she had spoken so that he would understand her completely. And with that the deity had laid down and closed her eyes to relax into the dark night of the forest until morning where she would dare to enter the city. Although a nervous feeling twisted in her stomach about seeing her King again, the thought still made her smile.

...

A ray of sunlight floated ever so slowly through the trees. Birds of all types were heard chirping. Although to most people the sound would be rather obnoxious first thing in the morning. But to Enkidu it did not bother in the slightest while the ray of sun just barely ran over her right eye. She sighed welcomingly before sitting up only to get out of its reach as to open her eyes and not be blinded but such light. Then her gray hues wandered to her Master. She examined the wounds with a look of sorrow but from what she observed they looked better. This caused the sorrow to fade from the deity before she stood. While she exited the cave the cool air that normally surrounds the forest enveloped her. But it was a welcoming chill that comforted her body. She embraced the forest's natural coolness as if knowing it would become hotter and more humid in the day. /I will return, Master./ And with a speed unmatched she took off through the forest her long green hair trailing behind her while dozens of trees swept by her. She had her intentions set for the city.

...

As soon as Enkidu exited the forest her gray hues rested on a church that distanced itself from the city. It drew her attention but not enough to distract from the city. It was rather small but Enkidu found it to be quite adorable for some reason. Her gray hues then wandered off in sight of the city. It was quite noisy and packed. But it made sense for how big this city was. Enkidu certainly stood out from everyone. Her green hair, gray eyes, white robe and pants that were certainly not flattering to her small figure in the slightest, and what was more strange was the fact she was bare foot. Despite all the stairs Enkidu did not mind. She simply kept walking. She seemed to catch a lot of male attention as well. Her facial features were truly a sight to behold. She looked very much like a perfectly crafted porcelain doll. Like a puppet. The robe helped to conceal her childish figure.

She found herself entering a cafe. Even the woman who had served her a cup of tea seemed captured by such beauty. Casually taking a rest she lifted the cup to her lips seemingly catching the surprise of another man. He was tall. And dressed in the clothes of a Priest with a cross necklace hooked around his neck. He knew just of who this woman was. The King of Heroes he had become master of in the fourth Holy Grail war only spoke of her a few times but he knew that this woman, was in fact, the dearest friend he had spoken of, Enkidu. Yet as if to his surprise he had to make sure that this woman was indeed whom the king spoke of. So he nonchalantly studied her.

The deity's gray hues directed to a list held in between her thumb and pointer finger. "Let's see...my master wanted meat so-" she looked down to the white wolf by her side and he casually licked his chops. "-right then." With a kind sigh she stood up. The Priest still observed her from their distance and noticed the gold coin she had placed on the table and that was it. He knew for a fact by the coin's insignia that it was indeed the dearest friend of the King of Heroes, Enkidu. Her master held a dreary expression as Enkidu softly pat the side of her leg. "C'mon Master..." She order in a gentle tone to the wolf.