Chapter 4: House Guest

"It's been a while. Hasn't it? Gilgamesh?" The deity's words flowed through the empty corridor of church. As Gilgamesh stood there amazed that this was not some sort of dream, that typically haunts his memories, it was real. His crimson hues rested on her lips that formed a perfect smile that would capture any man's attention. Her porcelain skin glowed softly in the warm sun that peered into the church windows. The color from the sunset's rays tinted the walls of the church with oranges and yellows.

The King quickly directed his gaze away from her. Everything in this war was different now. Everything. Hearing her question he folded his arms across his broad chest. "It has." His voice was barely audible. Perhaps it was due to the fact that now his mind swarmed with thoughts of how he was supposed to be the victor of this new war. Once again his serpentine eyes wandered back to his dearest friend. Her smile only broadened and her head gave a slight tilt. Of course she knew exactly what he was thinking for she was thinking the same thing. But she couldn't help the thought of being able to see her King once more. Taking a few steps forward, Gilgamesh, wandered around his friend with broadening curiosity. "I wonder as to what fortunate mongrel summoned you?" Enkidu's eyes wandered to him curiously by this statement noticing how he cupped his chin in thought. Seemingly curious to the Deity it was fact that he was enraged further by the thought of some pathetic being summoning his most precious treasure.

"Hm?" Enkidu blinked a few times by the question though her expression remained calm. "Master? Why...he is an excellent master. He allows me free range." She slowly turned to face him keeping her hands held behind her back. "And I wonder...just who is so fortunate to summon the great King Of Heroes?"

"I am not a servant." Gilgamesh retorted. "I am...a living being now. I was victor of the last war." He smirked at recalling his glorious victory, though, the curves of which formed his smirk slowly vanished while crimson hues rested upon his dearest friend. He felt a sense of joy being able to challenge his friend once more but if only it were of different circumstances rather than a war for his precious treasure. Though he knew all too well the only person that would be deemed worthy to wish upon his grail would be the woman standing before him. She will always be worthy of his treasures. "Tell me, Enkidu..." He paused for a moment while picking up a strand of the woman's soft green hair in admiration. "To whom has summoned my precious treasure for their own?"

Enkidu kept a calm demeanor while closing her eyes and slightly tilting her head downward to express this calm air about her. "He is but a wolf, Gil." A smile formed on her perfectly shaped lips all the while he would slowly let go of the strand that rested in the king's palm.

"A filthy mutt...summoned my treasure?" His expression grew dark while the crimson hues of the monarch clearly scorched with rage. "Such a creature is not worthy to wield someone of your stature! What a preposterous outcome." A lowly growl rumbled from the king's throat while turning his back to the deity. "Tch...I'll kill that lowly mongrel myself." His voice was cloaked with an unusual harshness that would only be expressed upon the thought of a flea bitten mutt being his treasure's master.

"Hm?" Slowly, the gray hues of the deity would be revealed while the sun came to rest, the church corridor becoming a dark purple hue mixed with a shaded blue. "Gilgamesh..." Her voice rang with nothing but subtlety while looking upon the back of her king. "Surely you are aware that if that happens...you will inherit my command spells?"

The truth rang loud and clear through the empty church. She was correct about this and the king could never do that to his true friend. Be but a mere slave at his own hand. The thought only irritated him further. "Hm. It sickens me that what you speak is only truth, Enkidu."

His words caused a wide smile of enjoyment to form along the deity's perfect features. "I would rather be a servant to an animal then to an arrogant man that was supposed to be my master." Giving a slight bow of her head to the king she felt a bit caught off guard by his next question.

"And I take it you sleep in that desolate forest with that mutt?" His voice still rang with irritation while crimson hues slowly directed towards his dear friend once more.

"..." A sweat drop trickled down the deity's cheek by such a strange question. "Y...Yes that is...correct."

"..." Staying quiet for a moment his thoughts began to wonder. Noticing Enkidu tilt her head in puzzlement a smirk of enjoyment formed, once more, on the kings features. "Then I suppose I will have no choice..." A low chuckle escaped his lips while making his way past his friend who still held a clueless expression. "I am certain Kotomine will not have any complaints towards his king upon hearing he will be having another guest stay at his church." 

"...Eh?"