Chapter 3: A King and His Friend

Enkidu let out a soft sigh. Her master had left for hunting, which is what she had guessed with her master being a wolf familiar. It had been a few days since she had even gone near the city of Fuyuki or even the Church of where her King usually resides. "Hm..." A hum of puzzlement vibrated between her sleek and perfectly shaped lips upon standing to exit the cave in which she spent most of her time. The breeze caught her hair allowing it to sway behind her to what would make a stunning picture to anyone's eyes. She gave her body a stretch and, ever so quietly, made her way down the mountain side. The deity, hours later, found herself coming to a lake where she would use the nice cool water to wash her face. Then, out of boredom, the deity rested her back to the cool ground of the earth that had helped to create her body. The long green grass softly cushioned her small body while lying there with a calm smile on her face. "It has been a while since I've seen the city." The deity spoke aloud to herself in a casual tone. "Maybe...I shall return to that church to finish up the tour?" She laid there motionlessly for a few peaceful moments before finally finding herself on her bare feet once again. And with a swift turn on her heel the deity headed to towards the church.

...

"Kirei!" An impatient tone of voice echoed through the church. It was indeed the King of Kings, Gilgamesh. His crimson serpentine eyes wandered around the desolate church while they only swelled with anger from the silence. "Tch! Damn...how annoying for him to be gone and at such a time!" Dressed in his casual clothing the King folded his arms over his chest growing even more impatient. "I at least need something to entertain me―" And as though his arrogant demand was answered he caught the sound of a woman's voice bounce between the walls. It seemed that she, too, was looking for the Priest.

"Kirei!" The Deity called with a gentle kindness to her voice, certainly the polar opposite of the King's own, while her gray hues wandered around the empty church. Giving her eyes a few blinks at the sound of no reply. She pushed open the door as it let out a sickly creek. Wandering a bit further into the church she posed with her hands behind her back.

"Tch...let's see what unfortunate mongrel stumbled into this dreary place. Perhaps they will provide me with glorious entertainment." A dark chuckled seeped through the king's thin lips as he slowly headed to the entrance of the church. Truly in thought of what he could to do use this newcomer to the church as entertainment for his own desires.

The Deity shifted from one foot to the next while slowly spinning in a circle to gather a full view of the church. "This place certainly looks better than it does at night...less...creepy." A playful giggle slipped the perfect, pink hued, lips of the deity while closing her eyes for a moment. Only to be stiffened in place by a voice of which made her stomach turn all too sickly.

"What pathetic woman dares enter a church without an answer?" The King's voice boomed with complete arrogance while spitting the words lined with harshness. Though as soon as he peered into the main room of worship, expecting to see a dumbfounded woman, he was not prepared for what he saw. His throat immediately grew tight at the sight of the green haired woman. Whose hues, that resembled the light of a full moon, were wide with shock themselves. "E..." He attempted to speak the Deity's name, yet, his throat only grew tighter and the air becoming heavy with uncertainty. "Wh―...Is this some kind of cruel joke?!" In an instance the King's voice belted out in anger.

"G..." Enkidu felt her feet stagger back slightly from the sight of her King. Ever since the conversation with Kirei she had hoped not to run into him. Though her eyes slowly relaxed. The usual calm demeanor of the Deity taking place. A long sigh slipped her lips. "I assure you it...is no joke." The deity finally spoke while her gray hues directed to her King a smile forming along her perfectly shaped lips.

She noted the twisted expressions on Gilgamesh's face. Though he had not known she were summoned into the war, she knew that he was. The crimson hues of the demi-god King scaled over his long lost friend doubtfully. He believed it to be some kind of dream or illusion. And yet her voice echoed through the empty worship corridor with a sense of life. Instead of being glad, as Enkidu would have thought, his lips pursed. Though it wasn't by the fact that his only friend was once again alive, in a sense, it was because they had both been summoned into a war. A war with only one victor. As soon as her gray hues met with his own they quickly averted. His ears caught a gentle chuckle from the deity's lips. And the voice that flowed with such kindness and peacefulness. A voice that his ears savored. "It has been a while. Hasn't it? Gilgamesh?"