Chapter 3

They went bowling. The brunch was pretty much silent except for Pogo cracking some jokes, Dean laughing a little extra and Darla trying her best to avoid Beck's eyes. Damn those eyes.

purple, green and red lights surrounded the area. She was very young when she went bowling for the first time with her dad and Dean. Pogo goes first, gets eight of them. Then Dean, gets all 10 of them. Then Darla, to everyone's surprise she gets all 10 of them as well!

"You know what we should do? Play this as teams. You two one team and us in one team." Teams were made, Darla and Beck, Dean and Pogo. One after another, both the teams scored. After almost 6 rounds of both the teams scoring neck to neck it was Darla and Beck were at 60 points and the other team was at 68 points. 

Both the teams decided to take some time  before playing the last round. They even did a little huddle. "I should do the last round." Beck almost whispered near Darla. 

"What? No way, you too impulsive. You'll mess it up." 

"Sure, says the one who missed it once. If it wasn't for me we'd be loosing by a much greater margin."

"Yeah, whatever. I'm doing the last round." Darla almost slipped while snatching the ball away from Beck and walked to her position. "You two done talking?" Dean and Pogo weren't really talking about the game. they were discussing about what food they should have after this. 

It wasn't new to Dean that Darla was letting her competitive side take over. Even the smallest thing gets her in a competitive spirit. She gets it from their mom. Dean doesn't like it when she acts like this. But since all this was Pogo's idea he didn't want to ruin the moment. 

Darla get's ready to slide the ball. The three fingers clutching onto the ball. Her hand draws a perfect 180 degree. As if she was drawing it with a protractor. Deep whispers travel to her ears from the left. "Don't miss it." She gulps the knot in her throat, even her heart stops before the throw to let her concentrate on it. She slides the ball. The ball's off of her hand. it's rolling exactly from the middle. Knocks off one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine....  pins.   

"GOD DAMN IT!" 

Darla's voice even though was pretty loud didn't make much of an impact on the room because of Pogo "Oh MY GOD!! Darlaa!!!! You nailed it!!" She went running and hugged her. Darla was struck with a truck full of joyful laughter. Pogo almost managed to knock her down but Beck held her back and caught them from falling. 

Darla calmed herself down and hugged Pogo. Immediately after exchanging the hug Pogo dragged her towards the food court. The boys followed. "Damn that was intense." Darla gave Beck an agonizing and furious look and he knew that he had trouble coming his way. 

She might not remember but Beck was there when she lost a Tug- of- war game. She was probably 5 or six. She made a girl cry in her team for not trying good enough. Then she came back home and cried a lot more than the little girl. She even got fever in the evening because of so much crying and screaming. 

They took a seat and ordered some milkshakes. It was almost 5. "Two chocolate KitKat milkshakes and one coffee and coco shake with Choco chip toppings." She lets the guy know who was taking their orders. "You sure you don't wanna have anything?" Pogo asks Dean one last time and he nods. 

"I'm full from the brunch." The guy leaves with their orders. 

"You know we should come here more often." Pogo says while tapping on her phone. "And now that you're here, I wouldn't have to convince these idiots."

"Oh now we're idiots?" Beck makes a silly frown and smacks Pogo's head. 

"Ugh! You idiot!" Beck chuckles covering his eyes. Man, does he love irritating Pogo. And her little annoyed noises cracks him up. "Darla! Exchange seats with me please."