ˢʷᵉᵉᵗ ⁿᵒᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ

" i find my self running home
to your sweet nothings"

for you, school was never your 'thing'. yes you tried and successfully passed every test you had, but it was too stressful. highschool was a piece of cake but when it came to college? yeah no.

highschool slightly prepared you for college but not as you wished it did. after your final exam, you finally were able to go home .

this was the part you were waiting for all morning. not the final exam part but going home. matt. that's who you were excited to see.

after your long days usually, you both just cuddle on the couch watching whatever you could find. you guys didn't really do anything but it meant everything to you.

you never thought you'd find someone like him. he could do nothijg and you'd be 10 times more in love with him. it was an innocent kinda love.

" you're in the kitchen humming,
all you wanted from me was sweet nothings "

matt was in the kitchen microwaving some popcorn as you were on his couch waiting for him,

he was humming some random song that was stuck in his head and yet just him humming made you melt. you've never met someone so vulnerable yet so perfect.

" why are you looking at me like you're in love" he questions noticing your glance towards him.

you smile getting up, walking over to him. " cause i am? you're just too perfect "

" what did i do?" he adds, confused

" nothing- but that's what makes you perfect" you take his hand in yours smiling like a fool, as he looks at you the same way pressing a kiss to your forehead.

" you're such a dork sometimes you know that?" he tilts his head, you roll your eyes

" shutup! you act like you aren't in love with me"

" well sorry to break it to you- but i am" he laughs slightly taking the popcorn and you back to couch as you guys laugh .

" and the voices that implore
' you should be doing more'"

" matt i really do not want to argue about this with you right now" you roll eyes walking downstairs as the blue eyed boy follows you.

as of right now, you and matt were in a fight about his career and the decision to move to L.A. you wanted matt to go but he didn't want to hence the fight.

" can you just listen to me y/n" he says infuriated, the both of you walking downstairs near the couch, you shushing him so his brothers won't hear and him not caring.

" matt i have been listening to you! and all you've been saying is bullshit! " you cry out to him running your hands through your hair stressed out.

" it's not fucking bullshit?! i don't want to leave you and you're the one getting fucking mad at me?!" he raises his voice walking you walk away out of the house as he follows you.

" matthew! i'm not getting mad you're just not hearing yourself talk!!" you turn back to look at him shivering a bit cause of the cold.

" shut the fuck up y/n! i don't want to leave you and live in L.A for more opportunities?!" he rolls his eyes, you having a disappointed look on your face.

" i'm not going to be the one holding you back matthew- you should be doing more" you sigh sitting on his doorstep.

" maybe this isn't working out" once those words came out of his mouth he watched heart break into a million tiny pieces.

you felt stabbed in the back betrayed, before you knew it tears were falling down your face, standing up to look at him before bursting out crying.

two single tears fall town matt's face. two years down the drain.

" i hate you" was the last word you ever said to him.

" to you, i can admit that i'm
just too soft for all of it"

for the last two weeks you fell into a bad place. you hadn't slept in days, or ate. you haven't seen matt in two weeks and you weren't planning to until today when he showed up unexpectedly.

once you heard the doorbell ring you freaked. you weren't expecting anyone or anything. putting your hair up in a low ponytail you open the door to come upon a blue eyed boy.

his face went from a smile to a frown once he saw your face.

" bab- are you okay?" he says shocked slightly as he gives you a side hug not wanting to rush you into things as you nod your head closing the door and going to your room, matt follows like a lost puppy

he tilts his head in confusion as you both enter your room in awkward silence he try's to make small talk.

" so how was your day?" he questions

before you knew it tears were falling down you face and there was nothing you could do.

matt's started to get concerned and rushed his way to hug you.
you started to cry even more by the way he held you in his arms. for the last two weeks all you need was his touch.

" this is so stupid" you cry laughing at your embarrassing face, matt shaking his head holding you tighter. " it's not baby- it's okay to have a bad week everyone has those" he reinsures you.

" i'm just being too sensitive- im sorry for acting like this today" you tell him shaking your head, more tears falling down.

" don't be sorry for being sensitive it's not your fault- you should've texted me if you felt this way y/n i promise you i would've been there in a flash" he tells you, you laughing a little by his choice of words.

" in a flash?" you question laughing as he smiles kissing your forehead.

" yup- in a flash like the flash!" he exclaims, you laughing a little more.

" you're such a fool" you laugh

he smiles " fool for you" you both laughs as you tell him about the last two weeks.

jenna speaks!
this song by taylor swift has
my whole heart eternally.
AND WHEN THEH USED THIS IN
TSITP >>>>>>>>>>