Den of snakes

Saintclair always suffered from intense paranoia but he thought he had it under control after being prescribed medication for his problems but everything seemed to flare up recently. His whole life seemed out of whack and he was wondering if it was just seeing this. He felt like he was being antagonized to behave like this but he had no proof. He looked at everyone in his life like suspects in a murder case and not as colleges and friends.

Something was off, something was off for a while now but he just thought he was being paranoid. Somebody was obviously working against him right under his nose but this was pure speculation. They all moved really weirdly lately and he didn't understand what the hell was happening. They were a group and made decisions as a group but some were making individual decisions, undermining the rules. It might all be in his head but he was sure this was happening. It was starting to freak him out how much his control was slipping so he planned a new meeting to find the rat among them.

His eyes scanned the ones seated at the table who all seemed to be in both fear and concern for their group leader but too afraid to ask questions.

"Something is going on and I don't like it." He tried to sound as confident and calm as he can muster. He could show them how much this was getting to him. "I don't want to alarm you or let the other members bully you but I know. I know what the hell you're doing and it's kinda crazy you think I won't deal with you but I'll let everything stir until you reveal yourself." They all spare glances at each other asking with their eyes if they are hearing right.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Aubrey questioned, confused as hell playing with his labeled pen.

"Just what I said." He smiled. Everyone at the table peered at each other confused, staring back at Saintclair who was smiling down at them.

"The fuck?" Ebany mumbles.

"To simply put it we have a rat problem and I'm here to exterminate them."

"AHHH!! FOR REAL!!" Tiffany screams as she places her feet on her chair scanning the room.

"Rats as in the animal or as in a traitor." Harry asked with confusion written all over his face.

"A traitor obviously dumbass." Mormon quips annoyed by his fellow members. "You should have said snake, I would have picked it up." Mormon jokes.

"The point is I already know who they are and I'm giving them time before I flip the tables on friday."He didn't know shit but he was hoping this was working on freaking out the real rat. He had three suspects but one stood out the most and that was Aubrey.

Aubrey had something off about him from the start. He was the type to work against you and himself and had no sort of loyalty or trust but feigned it in a smart way. He thought they were good friends until he started messing with his head. Why was Aubrey the first person to point out Aaron had a crush on Zayn, why was Aubrey the first to point out how close the two were getting, why was he the only person dropping random facts and info about Zayn he never asked for and wasn't interested in. Saintclair never cared about Zayn because he was important outside school so it made no sense to keep eyes on him but Aubrey did. He chalked that up to him seeing something he didn't but then Aubrey started using Zayn manipulating him in an interesting way.

"I know exactly who they are and they know I know. Whatever they planned, once you start coming at me I'm destroying you." The group was still utterly confused. Their leader had an unhinged look in his eye which was a bit unsettling.

"Dude, I know this whole Renee-Zayn thing is bothering you but like Chill. Nobody is sabotaging you or us." Mormon tried to lay a hand on Saintclair's but he slapped it away.

"You know what's going on and trying to make me look crazy, I'm not crazy." He looked at the faces of the other members and they all avoided contact. "Fuck, You do think I am crazy. I knew y'all hated me but if you're planning to pin everything on me I will never let that slide."

"Saint, dude nobody is planning anything. I think you're overthinking everything again." He closed his eyes to calm down. He didn't think this was overthinking and overreaction. They always said his hunches were overthinking but he was always right, they just didn't want him to be. He opened back his eyes and gazed down on the group and shook his head. "What's the point?" He left the room leaving them all confused and scared. What the fuck was going on?

"What's wrong with him?" The group turns their questions to Aaron who was just as bewildered as them. He shrugged and sank into his seat. Saintclair and him were hardly talking and it felt like he was giving him silent treatment. When he asked him to stop ignoring him he said, "If I start talking to you again with the way I'm feeling as of now we will be over." Which hurt his heart and he didn't push any question again at him.

"Fuck, You the one person who's supposed to know!" Renee said from across the table.

"Have you thought it was about you? We all think it's because of you." He stared over at her from the corner of his eye.

"AND IT'S ABOUT YOU TOO!" She harshly pushed her braids away from her face to glare at Aaron. "Zayn is a straight man and you hate me right now because I got what you wanted."

"And you hate me because I got what you wanted. I don't and never wanted Zayn. It was about the pictures, you guys wanted the pictures I did what you wanted. I became friends with him and got him to trust me. I like that he was my friend but you made that not real. I'm not jealous but you are." He stared up at the ceiling trying to keep his tears in his eyes.

"Um not to stir the pot but it did seem like you only went after Zayn for spite and jealousy." Tiffany spoke up and he turned to stare at her.

"How dare you say such a thing! I'm nothing like you and I wouldn't ever stoop so low. I'm not jealous of Aaron." The remaining members in the room all glance at each other knowing the truth she tried to deny. "You're all delusional and the fact that you side with him is disgusting." Renee flicked her tears away. "I fucked Zayn for us not because I was jealous." Tiffany was referring to both of them for separate reasons. Renee's hate and resentment for Aaron and Aaron's feud he once had with Zayn but to whomever the shoe fit and Renee was the fastest to respond.

"Does Zayn look embarrassed by people seeing him? The only person embarrassed getting shamed and shit is you. It backfired. It was a bad idea. If you and Aubrey brought this to us you would have known that but you decided to do a dumbass move. This is why we make decisions as a group!" Mormon bellowed across the table glancing between both Aubrey and Renee giving them chills.

"They're right. Jealousy and overthinking will literally be our downfall." Ebany hit the table loudly and jumped out of her seat. "People, we shouldn't let these things get in between us and what we do." She said clapping after each word.

"Agree."Harry shrugged. Renee glared at Aubrey for dragging her into his plan now everyone was piling on her and she got the bulk of the backlash.

"Okay people, listen! Saintclair might be out for a while due to his... problem so let's end things here and regroup whenever he calls it. Feel free to message on the group chat and remember people, do not make moves on your own and if you do come up with something pose it in the group and wait for discussion until then meeting adjourned." Usually Renee is supposed to be the one to end the meeting if Saintclair isn't there but for some reason Mormon took initiative today and it threw her off. Aubrey noticed it too but only laughter could come into his mind as a response.

"New leader?" Aubrey jokes, turning to an emotionless Renee waiting for validation.

"Hm." Was all she could mutter before she left the room.