12 | three things i see.

i'm hungry... the girl thought to herself, heading towards the kitchen to see if there were any snacks or food that she could prepare. the cabinet was quite bare; a few instant noodle packets and canned goods that were nearing the expiration date. opening the fridge, there was nothing that caught y/n's eyes. 

soon after, oikawa came out of the restroom, his soaked clothes in his hands. 

"do you have a hanger?" 

the boy asked sheepishly, the sleeves of his top clung onto his biceps. it made him seem like he was wearing those trending compression shirt. y/n blinked, taking in his new look. y/n then hurried over to the laundry room to get two hangers. one for his shirt and another for his pants. it took her whole willpower to not burst into flames at the sight of his biceps. 

"i can wash the clothes... it's dirty from the ground water." 

y/n offered while oikawa shook his head. rejecting her offer, he didn't want y/n to trouble herself with such tasks. 

"are you hungry?" y/n asked, bringing out (flavour of choice) of (brand of instant noodle). oikawa nodded his head like a child. his eyes set on the packet of instant noodle on y/n's hands. it wasn't the healthiest option but the boy didn't mind since it had been a while since he had ate instant noodles. 

y/n grabbed a pot and started boiling the water. 

"egg or no eggs?" 

y/n asked casually, bringing out the eggs. one in her hand as she waited for the boy's answer. 

"eggs." 

oikawa replied like it was a no brainer. y/n cracked the egg into a bowl before adding it into the noodles dancing in the boiling water. oikawa helped with the dishes, washing them while y/n cooked and placed the used utensils in the sink. 

the two worked in the kitchen in peace. they made a great duo since y/n didn't have to worry about the dishes while oikawa would have a meal when he was finished. in dues time, the noodles were cooked and they said their prayers before eating.

droplets of water continued to patter onto the ground and crashed on the windows. the harsh sounds made y/n a little jittery. usually when it rained, she would be in her room. with her headphones plugged in to play her favourite songs. it was a form of distraction that y/n really needed. however, with oikawa here, she couldn't. she prayed that there wouldn't be lightning and thunder. 

if anything, she was terrified of it. utterly terrified. 

the sky seemed to hear her thoughts. 

a thunder roared. 

upon this, y/n let out a small sound, her chopsticks touching the ground. not again. her eyes going hazy as she tried her very best to focus on an object. yet everything she saw was a blur. 

another thunder clapped. 

her hands fidgety, fingers scratching themselves on the palm of her hand. her breathing unsteady as the bottom of her lip quivered. 

it's just a damn thunder y/n. why are you acting like this? 

the sky rumbled once again. 

i'm scared. 

she felt as though there were four walls around her, caving in slowly. 

mom? dad? i'm scared. 

"hey, hey y/n. you're hurting yourself." 

the terrified girl couldn't comprehend those words.