24 | the grand moment.

"what do you want to eat?"

oikawa asked, a puff of cold air left him as he looked at the visibly nervous girl.

"i'm good with anything."

y/n replied. her hands were stuffed in her coat. this was the second time the two had gone out with home clothes. it was practically a date. however, the two refused to admit it in their heads.

"is f/f alright?"

oikawa asked. anxiousness crept up to him like no other emotions can. it was the first time he was this nervous with a girl. he had fallen into the rabbit hole hard with no means of getting out.

oikawa tohru was absolutely smitten by l/n y/n.

"yeah, i'd like that."

y/n replied. red bloomed on her cheeks as the two held eye contact. it was for a split second but butterflies were already growing in her stomach.

oikawa paid for their meals and soon after, they were at the pottery class.

"i'll go through the expectations for the lesson and what you can look forward to as your end product..."

there were slabs of clay staring at the two. y/n squinted her eyes at the teacher who was going through the basics of scoring and handling the clay. oikawa seemed concentrated as he copied the teacher's movement to try and get the same effect. with his tongue sticking out in focus, he did his very best to impress y/n who was nonchalantly sculpting her clay.

the little project was animals and y/n had decided to sculpt a cat. the teacher decided to let them experiment with modeling clay and then get into the real deal. after that, the teacher would be teaching them how to make mugs. that was the part that y/n was looking forward to the most.

"y/n-chan, can you guess what i'm making?"

oikawa asked, showing his deformed creature to y/n who tried her best to guess.

is that a bird?... no a bird has wings. a dog?... but it doesn't have ears... i can't tell what it is...

with a sweatdrop and an empty blink, y/n pursed her lips and finally replied, "a cat?..."

oikawa's eyes brightened at her words. it shimmered like the stars as he nodded eagerly.

it's a cat... luckily i guessed it right. y/n internally let out a sigh. the clay looked nothing like a cat but y/n made a smart guess with its tail and the scoring on the deformed head that was meant to be whiskers.

it was no shocker that oikawa wasn't an art-inclined person. he devoted his whole time to sports so it wasn't a surprise to y/n. it was adorable to see him concentrate on producing his best artwork.

"are you sculpting a cat too?"

oikawa asked, a strand of his brown hair falling out of place. y/n couldn't resist the urge to move it away and so she did.

lightly, her hand reached out to move his hair away. she could visibly see oikawa's adam apple moving up and down as he gulped.

"yeah, i'm trying to sculpt shiro."

"you're really good that this y/n-chan, transfer me your art skills."

oikawa slouched onto his seat with a small pout. light laughter left y/n as she gave him some of her personal tips to shape his cat better.

"let's take a picture."

oikawa suggested. prior to it, he had already washed his hands and the works were in the oven to bake. y/n nodded her head and leaned closer to oikawa. the two were seated beside each other and with her leaning closer, oikawa could feel the heat radiating off her body.

placing his left arm over her shoulders, his hand hanging off lazily, oikawa positioned his right hand for his phone to fit the frame. sweet smiles adorned the two faces as they smiled for the picture.

as the clay baked for 30 minutes, the two were free to roam around the halls and out on the streets. the pair found their way to an empty playground and sat on the swings. y/n pushing herself up in the air while oikawa seemed to be in deep thought.

come on. man up. ask her.

"y/n-chan."

"yeah?"

"i... like you... a lot."

y/n stopped midair and almost crashed down from her swing.

"Y/N-CHAN????? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?????"

"mhm yeah, perfectly fine."

y/n processed his words.

oikawa tohru likes me.

OIKAWA TOHRU LIKES ME????????

"you don't need to give me an answer but i just... want you to know that i like you and i'm happy whenever i'm with you."

"i... i l..."

L/N Y/N JUST SAY IT. DON'T BE A PUSSY!

"i-like-you-too-and-a-lot-too."

her words were rushed as maroon rushed up to her cheeks. her head sunk as she avoided eye contact with oikawa. she didn't trust her cheeks as the words left her.

a wide smile flashed on oikawa's face as he immediately got out of his swing.

"you do?!"

with a meek nod, oikawa scooped y/n off her swing and gave her a bear hug.

"i am so happy right now. you make me so happy y/n-chan."

y/n's feet were swept off the ground as she clung to oikawa. her legs tangled around his torso. the boy sunk his head in the crook of y/n's neck. the scent of her perfume mixed with cologne. it was the perfect blend.

the two stayed there for the longest time. yet it felt too short.

"can i be your boyfriend?"

oikawa asked. a blush dusted on the high ends of his cheeks. his brown eyes yet so much adoration and love. their hands were interlaced as oikawa rubbed small circles on the back of her hand.

"i would like to be your girlfriend."

y/n replied sweetly. gently, oikawa pressed his lips on y/n's forehead. he didn't dare to kiss her on her lips in fear of making her uncomfortable. it was enough for them.

"good?"

"good."

oikawa then pressed another kiss on the tip of her nose. y/n pulled him into another deep hug. this time it was longer. their heartbeats beating in sync as their breaths matched. the sweet musk from oikawa lured y/n into comfort. her hold tightened around him as he did so on her waist. it fit his arms perfectly.

the moment was perfect.

it was perfect for them.

the grand king was right in front of her and he was the king of her heart.