THE FOUNDERS - CHAPTER 3

Salazar yawned, the room was quiet except for the noise of quill scratching on parchment and the weird noise that came from his mouth as he tried to stifle his yawn. Helga sucked on her sugar quill which she had enchanted so that actual ink would come out of the other end and turn into melted chocolate when she had finished it, with a mischievous grin straight at Rowena, who shook her head disapprovingly. Salazar gave her a thumbs up and Godric winked at her. Then Miss Edith, the orphanage warden, a large lady with short, curly hair, came into the room with a scroll of parchment in her hands and an annoyed look on her face. You'd think an orphanage worker working at the Lumos Orphanage would be a bright, cheerful lady, sympathetic towards the children, sad to see that so many of them had families who could not afford to give them a good future, but no, Miss. Edith was the very opposite, screaming at the kids for asking her simple questions and threatening to use the cruciatus curse on them. Of course, she would never actually do it, but the small kids were terrified of her (But Godric and Salazar never hesitated to play a prank or a few on her). "Children! Shut up or I'll feed you to the dragons!" The already quiet children now hastily stopped writing. "I've got some information about your families, of course, the children who already know about their families can get out and not cause any unnecessary troubles for me. Which, of course, you do everyday." Half of the children ran to their rooms. Godric, Salazar, Rowena, Helga and a few others remained, their eyes wide, Hungry for even the slightest but of information about their families, they were the orphans, they had no parents at all, they always considered even those who had parents but could not support them lucky! "We've got information about your family's ancestry, about whether your parents were muggle-born or if only one of your parents were wizards or witches, the other muggle-born , or if, your entire ancestry was made of only wizards and witches, no one in your family being muggle-born. Come on now, children, follow me!" Said Miss Edith, the children scrambling up to follow her, excited murmers passing through the room.