THE FOUNDERS - CHAPTER 4

The four children's hearts were in their throat and murmuring filled the room. The only thing that some of the children knew about their families was their last name because when they arrived at the orphanage they had something like a name tag around their neck with their full name inscribed. Some children wiped the beads of sweat from their foreheads with the sleeve of their oversized robes. They were going to find out about their parents. "Alright, children, go sit in this room, Mr. Malfoy is going to sort you based on your parents' bloodline as I told you." Said Miss Edith, the orphanage warden. Rowena gulped, Godric squeezed her arm and Salazar had his arms round Helga. "Come children, sit here." Said the deep voice of Mr. Malfoy. The children sat down. "You will be sorted in 3 catagories. Pure-Blood, Half-Blood and Muggle born." He took out an old scroll of parchment and began reading. "Lewis Longbottom, Pure-Blood, Caroline Felton, Pure-Blood, Rupert Chal, Muggle-born, Roma Patel, Half-Blood." And the list went on, as their names were called, the children scurried to one of the three corners in the room. Finally it was the four's turn. "Godric Gryffindor, Pure-Blood, Salazar Slytherin, Pure-Blood, Helga Hufflepuff, Pure-Blood, Rowena Ravenclaw, Pure-Blood." That's the last of them!" He said to Miss Edith, and she nodded at him. Helga made a squealing noise as they got up and sat on the couches at the corner of the room, the area for pure bloods "I seriously didn't expect this, mate. I barely can do a simply accio charm!" Said Lewis Longbottom. "You might be a squib, though I've seen you do a few simple charms, so you can't be, Merlin's Beard! I still can't get over shock!" Said Rowena, taking a shaky breath. "Neither can I!" Said Godric and Helga in unison. "What about you Salazar?" Helga asked. But Salazar seemed lost in his own thoughts. "Pure-Blood! Pure-Blood! My ancestors were all wizards! Isn't that amazing?!" He said, "Well...I kind of ment that I can't get over the shock that I know even a little about my ancestry.. I don't really care if they are Pure-Blood. Besides, why should anyone? Even if they are muggle-born or Half-Blood, they are just as much of a wizard or a witch as any Pure-Blood. But I still wonder if my family liked quidditch..." Said Godric. "You don't understand, Godric!" Salazar snapped. "We're not like stupid muggle-borns or Half-Bloods! We're different, better, good at magic! Oh, I can't imagine the shame that the children who were good at magic but turned out muggle-born are feeling! They probably want to snap their wand in half! And those Half-Bloods, knowing that their chance of being Pure-Blood was ruined by their filthy muggle parent! I almost feel sorry for them, but, then again, they are too filthy to be sorry for!" Salazar yelled.