Chapter 9

"..You're... infected...?"

They noticed the cuts on her face, regenerating quickly in front of their own eyes.

Yunji looked at them, not saying a word or so.

Eunhyuk was denying it, he forced himself to think this wasn't happening.

Yikyung slowly slid her hand into her pockets, grabbing the gun in it.

"...Hey, you're just acting, right?" Eunyu spoke, making the girl look at her with her scarlet eyes.

"Hey... snap out of it, Yunji!"

Yikyung pointed the gun at her, alerting Eunhyuk and the others.

"Stop, what are you doing?!" Eunhyuk exclaimed

"━How long have you been infected?!"

The girl didn't answer, instead, she took a step forward.

"Stop moving, and answer me!" Yikyung yelled,

"...Sister, this isn't true... right? "

Suyeong appeared with her little brother behind her, crying as she saw her eyes completely different from the normal her.

"Tell me you didn't betray me!"

Yunji's eyes turned to her normal color, she accepted the hatred from the others,

She hid that she was infected,

So this was her punishment.

"How long have you been infected, Yunji?" Yikyung repeated,

"Before, before this, all started," Yunji answered,

"Nosebleeds, hallucinations, passing out. I experienced those before we were locked in this place,"

"Did you ever plan on telling me...?" Eunhyuk spoke, and the girl nodded.

"I did, but I was afraid that you'll send me to kill me off,"

"It couldn't stop speaking to me, it told me if I ever revealed I was infected, I'll be thrown away, killed, or even maybe worse than that," Yunji admitted,

"━How...?"

"━Oh, my god..."

"━Yunji's... infected?"

The residents took pity and hatred for her.

Then, Yunji suddenly got on her knees which startled everyone. She bowed down,

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, I could've put all of you in danger, I'm sorry for destroying your trust, and I'm sincerely sorry for all the damage I've done."

"I'm...."

A hand clutched her shoulder, and she looked up to see Jaeheon, helping her get up.

One by one, they came to her aid, the residents gave her a handkerchief to wipe the blood off her, and the others circled her.

"Don't apologize, Yunji!" Yeongsu hugged her leg, crying.