Chapter 3

Quick authors note... I'll most likely be updating a lot more frequently now. I've realized i have had this account for two months and posted 2 chapters. So I'll try to update at least once a week. But I'm not making any promises... Okay, read on...

"C'mon, Edgar... why'd ya have to do that?" I complained to Edgar about the show off, which Edgar is slowly dragging into the whole vampire thing.

"Because... He needs to be... Aware...." He replied, slowly. "Now, go home. You are no longer needed."

I rolled my eyes and said bye to Alan. I didn't want to go home right now since my dad would yell at me for getting home so late. Normally he wouldn't care but he's been on a drinking streak lately and seems to hate my guts.

So, I decided to walk down the boardwalk and I wandered over to a video store. I know this store. I didn't want to know this store, but I did. I shook off the weird feeling I got when I walked by and continued walking.

"Look who it is..." I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I tried to ignore it and keep walking but he came up right behind me.

"You know you can't ignore me.." He said slowly.

I tried walking again but he grabbed my arm and turned me toward him. I now face him, staring into his cold, hard eyes.

"I can ignore you for however long I want." I tried to sound brave, but failed.

"Try." Yeah, he wasn't scared. "Now, I have a very important message for you from-"

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"He wants you to... distract... your little friends. Don't let them get in the way and everything will be okay. Listen to me, this is exactly what he told me to tell you. Stay out of his way."

And with that, he walked off into the night.

Dedicated to Music_Equals_Life77 because I know how much she loves cliff hangers...