CHAPTER 1 - SWIFTDIVER'S POV

Swiftdiver dropped a freshly hunted Salmon in the fresh-kill pile, after he did so, he looked behind him. "You guys are pretty slow to hunt." Mocked Swiftdiver playfully.

Honeyleap shook their wet fur. "It's not my fault Violet pushed me in!" Wailed Honeyleap as Violetsong giggled. "I only managed to hunt 2 pieces of prey! All thanks to her!"

"It's fine, at least I managed to hunt at least 6 pieces of prey." Smiled Swiftdiver, his name really suited him. "I swear, if it was Leaf-bare, you would've gotten me sick!"

"I would've never pushed you in Leaf-bare! Of course not!" Violetsong exclaimed, and Swiftdiver hissed at both of them. "Next time, I'm being put on patrol with you guys, you guys better stop playing around!"

Swiftdiver quickly trotted away, and before he was completely out of their range, he heard Honeyleap gossip something. "What ruffled his fur? Getting rejected by Lightwhisper?"

Swiftdiver lashed his tail with anger. He had never confessed to her! Why would they keep on saying that he did confess his feelings, when he didn't?

"Swiftdiver..?" Said Lightwhisper from a few trots away. "L-Lightwhisper!.." Swiftdiver said hesitantly, he lightly blushed.

"Thank you for that rabbit yesterday." purred Lightwhisper, and Swiftdiver grinned. "Of course." nodded Swiftdiver, as Lightwhisper trotted away to go talk to Juniperslash

Swiftdiver frowned, he saw Juniperslash blush at her, and he sighed. He knew Juniperslash was more of a suitable tom for her. Lightwhisper was a beautiful cat, who wouldn't like her?

Lightwhisper would always help Swiftdiver with his errors; whether it be pointing out the wrong hunting stance, the wrong way to the gathering. She would always help him, even when they were an apprentice.

"Swiftpaw! You don't hunt like that!" giggled Lightpaw, he glared at his paws. "Your hind legs have to go down a bit." Remarked Lightpaw.

"Like this?" Asked Swiftpaw, his hind legs lowered down a little bit. She nodded, smiling softly at him. Swiftpaw smiled back and looked away, blushing lightly. "Oh! I see, thank you!" Swiftpaw mewed.

"Swiftdiver? Swiftdiver!" Swiftdiver turned around in surprise, he saw Badgerhiss. Had he zoned out? "Oh good, you're alive. You were stuck in your head there! Is it because of who I think it is?" Teased the black she-cat. "N-No!" Swiftdiver exclaimed, embarrassed. "Sure, I believe you." Badgerhiss said, Swiftdiver groaned.

"So, did anything happen while I was on patrol, Badgerhiss?" Swiftdiver asked, licking his chest. Badgerhiss sat down, with an irritated expression.

"Yeah, same usual banter with Thunderclan. But what made this even more annoying than usual is that one of the Thunderclan cats, Mapleclaw I believe, pushed me into mud, it smelled like fox-dung."

Swiftdiver tried his best to hold in his giggle, Badgerhiss looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Seriously! I feel like you like Thunderclan more than me!" Wailed Badgerhiss.

"You embarrassed me in front of a gathering, don't you remember?" Asked Swiftdiver, his tail lashing from side to side. Badgerhiss looked up at the sky, it seemed like she was thinking hard.

"Oh right! When I said a fish slapped your face twice in a row too loud?" Badgerhiss snorted, laughing and yet again, she said it too loud and Lightwhisper looked behind her.

Badgerhiss tried her best to stop laughing. "Um, which is a lie!" Badgerhiss said, she knew Swiftdiver would kill her if Lightwhisper knew that.

Lightwhisper giggled softly, and returned to sharing her prey with Juniperslash. "Why does she even like Juniperslash? You're SOOO much better, Swiftdiver." Explained Badgerhiss, but he shook his head.