CHLOE

Ace is gone, his jaw on the floor, his eyes the size of the moon, his face pinker than the flowers growing on the east side of the ridge. His idol is standing four feet in front of him next to his father enjoying a large mug of what smells like tea. My wolf perks up, she likes tea. Especially when it's hot and has honey in it. I scruff her head fur. Silly wolf, she's the reason half the pack thinks I'm part bear. Ace gulps, then gulps again before he can get any words out. "I'm Ace Cullin, it's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Peik." She frowned for a second then smiled again. "Just Amelia, please." He nods solemnly. Amelia's eyes flash from alpha to businesswoman. "I'm here because I got your application to Rock Point Packs new exchange program. It was written really well, and we'd like to have you in the program." I can feel Ace's wolf stand at proud attention. Ace has been looking forward to this for months, his chance to get out and explore the world as he calls it. He's always had the choice to leave and explore but this way his wolf won't shred him for leaving the pack. "As you know the program allows one to two wolves to swap places with wolves from other packs, but you must have alpha permission to not only leave your pack but the alpha of the other packs permission to enter their lands. I came to confirm with your alpha and he has agreed to let you go to Eagle Ridge and to allow Miss Dusk to come here." Ace nods again, I'm not sure if he's listening or just star struck. He's looked up to the most dominant wolf in Canada since he was a boy reading stories on shifter net about Amelia Peik, and her son who pulled a broken pack out of the ashes and made it one of the strongest packs in Canada, maybe even the world.