CHLOE

My wolf is sad, her best friend since they were pups is leaving and being replaced by another wolf. I pat her head and remind her he's not leaving the pack for good, and no wolf could replace our Ace. She whines. I rub her back and soothe her, this is a good thing. Ace is going out to find out who he is. We all could see it in his face, he felt like he didn't belong, like there was something more out there for him, something he needed that he couldn't get here. My wolf snorts, she thinks she knows what it is. I do too. Mate. I grin trying to hide my giggles as the man I've known since he was barely old enough to stand gives me a stern, puzzled look. Most everyone here is mated, at least most everyone our age. Me and Ace are the only ones who aren't but we're more like brother and sister. Everyone teases that we would be the perfect mated pair but it's not true. Ace sees me as a little sister and so does his wolf. I see him as my big brother who saved me from the demons lurking in my mind. My wolf just sees him as her best friend. She can get away with chewing his tail once in a while. Silly wolf. Ace walks up casually and wraps an arm around me leaning his wolf against mine. She nuzzles his wolf and makes a quick glance at a very exposed and nip worthy tail. Ace snorts and strokes my back. "I'm going to miss you sis." He kisses the top of my head. I nudge him just enough to make him sidestep. "I'm going to miss you too lug head. You better write to me every chance you get." He grins and mischief gleams in his eyes. "Or what, you'll hunt me down? Good luck catching me in the air." I glare at him and give him a soft punch to the shoulder. "You know well enough my wolf can jump high and climb trees to catch you." He chuckles. "I know she can, but I've always been faster than you." He's right, he's faster than anyone in our pack no matter what skin he's in. I grin deeply. Time for one more jab before he leaves. "When you find a really pretty wolf make sure you feed her plenty of snacks and bring her home with you so I can tell plenty of stories about you." He frowns for a moment then makes a sweep for my legs and misses entirely. I know he wasn't trying to put me on my ass. If he wanted to, he could, really easy.