Chapter 15 - Elisa

I had never seen Grace get so angry before. She had been yelling at Logan for the last twenty minutes. No matter what I did as a child Grace had never yelled at me like this, what did Logan do to make her act like this? I had been home from the hospital for nearly a month. My back had mostly healed though it was itchy sometimes. The deep wound on my arm was still bandaged which the nurses at work changed every other day. It was looking better, and I was generally feeling better. I was still scared, as I continued to expect Samara to come after me. Though I had not seen Samara, it had been a long time since she first attacked me. I thought it might be because I was never alone now. Sia or Grace was always at home, and when I was at work, I wasn't allowed to have lunch alone. When Grace was at home, it meant that Logan was also there. Which I didn't like, he sometimes smelt like Hunter, and it would make me upset. Mostly because I didn't understand why I could smell him. It was my first week back at work since the attack, I was on soft duties which meant it was the same duties as before. Sia and I walked into the house and Grace was just rambling at the top of her lungs at Logan. The thing I found surprising was that Logan was just taking it. He didn't look angry, or annoyed, or even tried to say something back. He just stood there smiling at her, as if he loved her.

"I can't believe you did that! I can't believe you didn't tell me! you didn't want me to be in a bullpen and yet, you go running into a cave of female shifters. What if something happened to you? You know I am pregnant right; you can't just be running into danger like that. Also, I was the one that wanted to rip her head off. So, you are the one that gets to fight. That is just unfair" Grace said, she only stopped when she saw Sia and me.

"Hi," Sia said waving her hand. I looked between them as Grace took in a deep breath.

"Hi, how was work today?" she asked us.

"What are you to fighting about?" I asked.

"We aren't fighting," Logan said.

"Well Grace is going nuts in your face," Sia said.

"That's ok" Logan said.

"How is that ok?" I asked. How could anyone just handle that kind of nut being thrown at them?

"She is my mate, Elisa. Also, she is pregnant she is just hormonal" Logan said, getting up and moving to his mate. Her temper seemed to relax with just his touch.

"Logan" Grace said resting her head on his shoulder.

"What did he do?" Sia asked, I felt awkward around the affection that Grace and Logan had. Maybe I was jealous, maybe I hated the fact I wanted to be held and no one would hold me. "We went to arrest Samara for what she did to Elisa," Logan said, sitting on the couch with Grace. My eyes widen, what did he say? He arrested Samara. Is that why she hadn't come after me since the hospital because she was in jail?

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She has been moved to a special facility called Inner Bear. It is upstate, she won't be back, so you are safe here now" he said.

"So, you won't have to go back to the city?" Sia said with a smile. Grace and Logan frowned at me, I shrugged at them. I had been talking to Sia about the possibility of moving back to the city. As I was afraid that Samara would come for me again. That if I had my baby here, she might injure them as well.

"It was just a thought," I said. I had not spoken to Grace about it because I knew she would try and change my mind. She had been pressuring me to talk to Hunter ever since I got the news that I was pregnant. I loved her but I had to choose my own path and that was a path without Hunter.

"You can't leave, what about Hunter," Grace said.

"I hadn't decided yet," I said.

"You can't leave and not tell him," Grace said. Logan got up then confused about what we were talking about.