CH 4- The Promise

ᴀɴᴀɢᴀᴘᴇꜱɪꜱ
(ɴ.) ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏ ᴀꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ

) ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏ ᴀꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ

. . .

QUIRK assignment?!" The class exclaimed in sync,

Izuku wondered how the hell they harmonized their words like that, but he wondered more why Bakugo didn't recognize him- he was literally standing right there in front of him.

"What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?!" Uraraka worried out loud and Izuku sent a pointed look towards Aizawa that said, 'yea EraSer. What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation??'

Yea, Izuku was being petty because he too wanted to go to the orientation. He heard Nezu would be giving a speech by some of the second years!

"IF you're going to be a hero, you don't time for such leisurely events." The 'if' hit the students hard, it felt like the homeless looking pro hero was heavily doubting their worth as heroes.

Izuku deadpanned at Aizawa and tried to fix the sudden stiff mood, "The entrance ceremony will be taped, so I will email it to all of you, if you would want to check that out." Izuku still wanted to see the orientation live though.

Some of the students relaxed at his words before Aizawa started babbling again, "Izuku..." He grumbled and gave the greenette a glare.

Bakugo froze at the name mention. '...Izuku..!?'

Izuku didn't notice and only smiled, "don't stress the students too much, Eraser. Let's start now!" He quickly said so Aizawa wouldn't start his whole depressing speech on unfairness or whatever.

"Alright..." Aizawa sighed, "Bakugo, you finished top at the entrance exam..........."

Izuku ignored everything else, until a softball was in Bakugo's hands, and he was yelling loudly, "SHIN--"

CRK-

BLAST!!

"—INE!"

The throw created a short swift of wind, but the only thing Izuku could smell was the thin taste of explosions and see the thick smoke flaming from Bakugo's hands.

Izuku stepped back slightly.

'do not. do not. do not. you are safe, you are safe. You are safe. U.A. Aizawa. Hitoshi. Todoroki. They're all here. You. Are. Safe.'

Izuku calmed down considerably, but his hands were still trembling. He folded them into each other and squeezed to stop the vibrating.

"Know your maximum first; That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero." Aizawa faced before turning the scale device in his hand towards the students, revealing a score of 740 meter.