Nine

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕙

'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

THE fourth of July was always somewhat of a boring holiday for Ophelia. But it always meant something to her when she would be able to spend the night with her mom, the two of them doing their own thing.

She never had to many friends to spend the holiday with. She'd usually spend it with her mom, on their front porch, watching people light off fireworks in the street.

So the one thing she was looking forward to this summer was her mom coming down to cousins beach.

She woke up more excited than ever and she was extremely pleased to see Conrad in a good mood as well. When she walked downstairs he walked up and pulled her into a deep kiss.

"I can't wait for my mom to come." she said with a grin.

"Me too." he kissed her cheek. "And good news, my dads not coming." Conrad had confided in Ophelia numerous times about how he felt towards his father. About his affairs and how he treated him. So she knew that with him not coming, it would make the boy even happier.

"Come on, I'll make you breakfast." he told her with a smile.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THE teens all stood at the front door looking out the window anticipating Steven and Belly's dad to arrive. Especially anticipating who his new girlfriend was.

They watched as the man walked up to Laurel and Susannah with a woman who looked way out of his league.

"She's hot." Jeremiah said.

"Dude." Steven grimaced.

"What? Im just saying what everyone else is thinking." Jeremiah said making Ophelia smack his arm.

"I wasn't thinking that." Belly said.

"Dude that could be their future step mom." Conrad said. Ophelia pinched him while Steven shoved him.

"Dude what the hell."

"Don't push me."

"Guys they're coming."

Ophelia rolled her eyes as the boys ran away leaving her to follow them as Belly and Steven waited for their dad to walk in.

She heard her phone ringing and saw it was her mom so she immediately picked up. "Hey mom! Are you almost here? I'm so excited to show you the beach house and everything. It's so cool here!"

"Hi Honey, um, Im so sorry but something has come up with work and I don't think I'll be able to make it." Anne said through the phone.

Ophelia's face fell and she felt like crying. "W-What? Why?"

"There's a conference I have to be at."

"J-Just tell them you can't make it. Say you're sick." Ophelia said. Conrad and Jeremiah listened from around the corner.

"I know this is disappointing sweetheart and I'm so sorry we won't be able to see each other for another month. I promise I will call you every day."