02

I absolutely hated what Millie had planned

I absolutely hated what Millie had planned. We bounced down my stairs, both of us in short shorts and crop tops. Millie's shorts seemed much more appropriate than mine, considering her butt was smaller and her crop top seemed much cuter since her boobs were smaller. There were times I hated my body, wearing an outfit similar to Minnie's is the most common one. In my mind, she always looks better. Not that it's a competition but to guys, it will be. It was a hurtful feeling, to be walking with someone and feel all eyes on her and not you.

Mom looked up from her Lifetime movie and examined our outfits. She smirked. "Yasss, girls!" I closed my eyes and cringed. Having a young mom who feels her teenage years were taken from her means absolutely no problems with wearing a promiscuous outfit. Some might see it as a blessing but I see it as a curse. Because like always, she walked over to me and pulled my crop top down, showing off even more cleavage, and my shorts up, showing more of my butt checks. "Mom." I scolded but she wasn't listening as she walked over to the small table beside the couch.

She took the brush out and painted my lips red. She handed me the tube, which I took. I know better than to fight her. She fluffed up my hair, giving it volume. I had straightened my hair for graduation.

"Please, be safe. No drunk driving. Do y'all have a DD?" I raised my hand. "I'm the DD." Millie gave me a look and smacked my hand down. "No, you are not. You're drinking. I already texted Stella and she'll be picking us up and dropping us off." Stella is Millie's younger sister who just got her license last month. I closed my eyes to hide my eye roll.

"Jude. Don't you have a bet to beat Steven in?" I straightened my spine at the reminder and opened my eyes. "Yes. Yes, I do." I smirked. Millie grabbed my hand in hers. "Let's go!" We headed towards the door with the sound of my mom praying for us, literally, behind us.

I don't hate parties. I just hate drunk people and the smell of alcohol and loud noises. Party things, but not parties. Though at least this one was outdoors, more space was always better at parties. Millie had one arm linked in mine and somehow already had a a drink in her hand even though we just walked in five minutes ago.

A few people started talking to Millie and I untangled our arms from each other. She looked at me and I nodded. She smiled and kept talking. We had been friends for so long we could have conversations without ever saying anything.

A hand clasped on my shoulder as I stepped into the mist of the party. "Someone get us some shots! You're valedictorian and salutatorian have a score to settle!" I glanced over my shoulder to see Steven standing there with a huge smile. Claps surrounded us and like the world bends to Steven Conlin's will a table appeared before us with twenty shots lined up.

I turned to face Steven. "You sure you wanna do this? You've clearly already had too much to drink." Steven gave me a cocky smirk. Which only fueled me to want to destroy him. Steven drowned the drink in his hand and threw the cup on the ground. "Scared you'll lose?"