I'm Here to Help

A Helping Hand

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Spider-Man and other related characters belong to Marvel. Other characters that appear also belong to their respective owners. Please support the original release.

Chapter One: I'm here to help.

Peter Parker sighed as he overlooked the city, it was a beautiful sight to behold. However, Peter couldn't really enjoy it as he had a lot on his plate. To put it simply, he was depressed. His head filled with thoughts of reasons why he was depressed. The mind switch with Otto Octavius, where the doctor took over his body and ruined the image of Spider-Man. The damage the man had done caused nearly every hero to no longer trust him, or just outright hate him. 

Otto even did damage to his life as Peter Parker, most of his friends won't talk to him. Though he was thankful that Aunt May, Kaine, and Teresa hadn't cut ties with him. Worse for wear, Peter could no longer be a scientist due, once again, to Otto's actions. The man acted so arrogant and cruel that he made people think that Peter was mentally unstable and was thus blacklisted from joining the scientific community of any kind. 

Finally, Peter's mind drifted to the other reasons he was depressed, his love life. Or lack thereof. No matter how many times he tried to maintain a relationship, hoping to find the right one, they always ended in failure. Even the relationships he had with other superheroines. 

Gwen Stacy was tragically killed by his greatest enemy, then it was revealed that cheated on him with said enemy and had his kids. Only for that to be revealed as lie and that there was no affair and was solely made up just to fuck with him. Yeah, that was a whole rollercoaster of emotions. 

Felicia Hardy, an off again, on again girlfriend who was only interested in the spider not the man. Peter doubted if she actually loved him, since he would catch her  in the arms of other men. He grimaced as he recalls Felicia kissing Daredevil in front of him just to get him jealous. 

Carlie Cooper, a forensic scientist that he got along well with. Though she did have an annoying habit of bit controlling. She broke things off when she found out he was Spider-Man. She took him not telling her as the ultimate betrayal and straight up did not want anything to do with him. 

Mary Jane Watson, a model and Actress that Peter had the most romantic experience with. She was almost the exact opposite of Felicia, whereas MJ loves the man more than the spider. However, like Felicia, MJ had the very, very bad habit of cheating on him, every chance she got. The list of men she cheated on him with was too many and too hurtful to count. The fact they were married to begin with was a miracle in itself. 

And then there were the many other exes that he didn't even feel like going into. Just simply reminiscing about those memories hurt him.

Suddenly, an explosion went off in the distance. Peter sighed as he got up and swung towards it. No rest for good old Spidey. 

Upon reaching his destination, Spider-Man spots Shocker exiting a bank with bags of cash in hand. The webhead then webs the bags out of his hands. He then lands in front of Shocker who glared at the web-slinger angrily.

"Well, well if it isn't my old pal Shocker. You do know that this is a parole violation right Herman?" Spider-Man said.

"Err. I had enough of you!" Shocker fired a blast at the Web-head but he dodged it. 

Spider-Man fired a glob of webbing that hit Shocker in the eyes, blinding him. The supervillain tried to get it off him but to no avail. Peter used the opportunity to rush him and strike him in the face. He then flip kicked him, sending him flying into a car.