Meeting New/Old Friends

A Helping Hand

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Spider-Man and other related characters belong to Marvel. Other characters that appear also belong to their respective owners. Please support the original release.

A/N: Some characters will be OOC but that is for the sake of the story. 

Chapter Three: Meeting New/Old Friends

Peter gulped nervously as he ascended the stairs and headed towards Janet's office. He hadn't her for some time now, last time was before the whole Superior fiasco. Peter then remembered when he was helping her out with her divorce with Hank. He smiled briefly at the memories of him and Janet hanging out to make her forget all her troubles. Ah, memories.

He wondered how she would react to seeing him again after so long. 

Peter stood in front of Janet's office door. He raised his hand to knock but he hesitated. His instincts were telling him to go back and find another job.

However, he didn't be ungrateful towards Jaune since the blonde teen had already done so much to help him out. So he proceeded to knock on the door.

“Coming!” The voice of Janet Van Dyne came from the other side. Peter heard footsteps coming closer to the door. The knob turned as the door opened up.

Peter's breath hitched as his eyes laid on the petite brunette. In her hands was a clipboard.

She wore a yellow long sleeved dress shirt with black dress pants and low heel shoes. Her brown hair was cut in a pixie bob style. Peter forgot how good Janet looks in any clothing.

“Hi, there! Sorry for the-Peter?” Janet's blue eyes went wide in surprise. It had been years since she had seen Peter.

“Hey Jan.” Peter replied as he rubbed the back of his head nervously. 

“Oh my God, hi!” Janet put the clipboard down on a counter before hugging Peter. 

Peter was caught off guard by the sudden hug but he returned it nevertheless. After a few seconds of hugging one another, they both separated. 

“How have you been? Feels like forever since I last saw you.” Janet asked.

“You know…here and there.” Peter answered.

Janet nodded before asking. ”What are you doing here? I doubt you came just to see me.” 

“Well…actually…um.” Peter stammered, not knowing how to answer her question. “You see, I'm actually here about the…modeling gig.” Peter finished.

Janet blinked, not sure if she heard that right. “You're here for the male model position?”

Peter nodded.

“No offense Pete but why? You don't seem like the type to be into this kind of thing.” Janet inquired.

“Well, let's just say there's a kid downstairs trying to help me out.” Peter answered vaguely.

Janet stared at him for a bit. “He's not yours is he?”

“What? No.” Peter responded.

“Okay then.” Janet spoke. “Mind if I ask why he's helping you out?”

“I think it's better to discuss this in your office.” Peter said. 

Janet nodded as the two of them entered her office. Once they were inside, Janet closed the door.

DOWNSTAIRS

Jaune Arc was currently sitting in the lounge on his scroll. Waiting for Peter to come back down and give him the news.