Behind The Mask (Jaune Arc)

A Helping Hand

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Spider-Man and other related characters belong to Marvel. Other characters that appear also belong to their respective owners. Please support the original release.

Chapter Four: Behind The Mask (Jaune Arc)

“See, I told you you'll get the job.” Jaune told Peter as he and the older web-slinger walked back home. 

“First off, you never said that and second, yeah I'm frankly surprised that Janet hired me.” Peter replied. 

Jaune turned to Peter, walking backwards as he did. “Look at it this way Peter, these are the first few steps in getting your life back together.” The Blonde Arc said.

“Yeah, I guess you're right about that.” Peter said. 

The two then walked past a burger cafe. Jaune briefly stopped and looked at it, which Peter noticed.

“Something wrong?” Peter asked.

“Nah, I'm about to head inside and grab a bite to eat.” Jaune said as he entered the cafe. 

Peter watched as Jaune entered the restaurant and got in line to order. His stomach then growled, making Peter sigh. “Screw it, I'm hungry too.” Peter said to himself as he went inside. 

LATER

“Mmm!” Peter moaned as he took a bit out of his burger. The taste of the salty beef and the sweetness of the bun set off an explosion of flavor in his mouth. The juices from the patty trickle down his chin. 

“M’huh.” Jaune replied as he bit into his chicken sandwich. The crispy and juicy sensation of the chicken was enjoyable for the blonde teenager. 

“Man, it's been a while since I've had a good burger.” Peter said in delight as he took another bite of his burger. 

“Enjoy it dude, you've earned it.” Jaune replied as he bit into his sandwich. 

After a little while, the two spider heroes finished their respective sandwiches. Both of them leaned back in their seats.

“Man that was satisfying.” Peter said as he patted his belly. 

“You said it.” Jaune replied as he groaned in satisfaction. 

They sat in silence for a good minute until Peter spoke up. “So…what's your world like?” He asked.

Jaune looked at him with a raised brow. “Why the interest?”

“Well, I'd like to know more about the guy who's helping me get back on my feet.” Peter explained.

Jaune leaned forward as he rubbed his chin in thought. The blonde hummed in thought as he debated whenever or not to answer Peter's question. Eventually, Jaune decided to tell Peter.

“Well for starters, I'm technically an alien.” Jaune began. 

Peter raised an eyebrow. “An alien?” He asked.

Jaune nodded before explaining. “Yup, cause in my universe there are two planets that have humans living on them. Earth and Remnant, with me being from the latter.”

“Huh, that's actually interesting.” Peter replied in honesty. “What Remnant like?”

“Well, Remnant is similar to Earth in terms of geography and atmosphere. Oceans, polar ice caps, deserts, forests, jungles, and so on. There are five continents on Remnant; Sanus, Solitas, Anima, Menagerie, and the unnamed dragon continent. With the later three being home to the four major kingdoms of the world.”