The First Steps

A Helping Hand

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Spider-Man and other related characters belong to Marvel. Other characters that appear also belong to their respective owners. Please support the original release.

A/N: Some characters will be OOC but that is for the sake of the story. 

Chapter Two: The First Steps

Peter sat quietly with his mask off, he was hunched slightly with his hands clasped together. His brown eyes stared at the blonde teenager in front of him. His mind was racing with all kinds of thoughts.

“So, let me get this straight, Karn sent you.” Peter said.

“Yup.” Jaune responded.

“A Spider-Totem from a completely different universe.” Peter said.

“Yes.” Jaune replied.

“And you were sent here to help me get my life back together.” Peter said, making sure that he got what Jaune said right. 

“Pretty much yeah.” Jaune replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

Peter sighed as he rubbed his face with his gloved hand. “I could tell that this day is just gonna get weirder.” The older web slinger muttered to himself.

Jaune walked up to Peter and patted him on the back.

“Don't worry, I'll be here to help you go through the weirdness.” Jaune reassured him.

Peter simply gave the blonde a blank stare before standing up. 

“Look kid, I appreciate the help from earlier and your…mission, but I think you're just going to be wasting your time. I mean don't you have your own universe to worry about?” Peter spoke, trying to desauded the young blonde from helping him. The last thing he needed was dragging people into his problems.

“My universe isn't facing any major problems right now. So I'm pretty much free to help you out.” Jaune said with a smile. 

Peter groaned at this, he knew there was no way for him to persuade this kid otherwise. 

“Sense your dead serious on helping me-I don't know why-I guess you can stay at my place for the time being.” Peter said with great reluctance.

“Alrighty then.” Jaune said as he put his mask on and walked towards the edge of the roof. He turned to Peter and gestured to him. “Shall we get going?” 

Peter sighed as he put his mask on and leapt off the roof. The elder spider fired a web line and proceeded to swing through the city. 

Jaune followed suit as he jumped off the roof and web swung after him.

LATER

After a few hours, the two spiders made it to Peter's apartment building. They had stopped on the roof and quickly changed into their civilian clothes before descending down the stairs. Peter wore a long sleeved black shirt with a blue over shirt, brown cargo pants with gray sneakers. Jaune on the other hand, wore a black hoodie over a gray tee-shirt, with dark blue jeans and black tennis shoes. The pair walked towards Peter’s apartment door, with Peter grabbing his keys.

As soon as he inserted the key, a voice called out.

“Parker!” 

Peter winced as he turned to see his Landlord, Mr. Muggins walking towards him. A scowl adorned his face. 

“M-morning Mr. Muggins.” Peter said nervously.

“You're late. Pay the rent or get out.” Mr. Muggins said.