ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩

I sat in the bath trying to take my mind off of the world

I sat in the bath trying to take my mind off of the world. But I couldn't seem to do that even if I wanted to my mind kept panning back to Hakeem, that whole situation was a blur.

It happened so fast I could barely comprehend.

I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my phone. I huff in frustration, grabbing it I look at the caller id. All I wanted was some peace and quiet even if it was only for a few minutes.

I roll my eyes and answer the phone putting it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Ah Jayce, I meant to call you yesterday but it's been crazy." My boss answers.

"Did something happen Mr. Jones?"

"The patient went into a cardiac arrest around 5am yesterday morning, so we've cancelled the operation." He disclosed.

"Oh— um is the patient ok?" I was baffled, and a little saddened but deep down I felt a sense of relief that it was canceled.

"Unfortunately he didn't make it, the paramedics were too late."

I sat in silence absorbing the new information that was just said.

"Well if you have nothing else to say of this matter, I have work to attend to." He verbalized.

"Um, ok." As soon as I said that he disconnected the call.

For once I felt at ease. No more controlling behavior and no more surgery. Don't get me wrong I feel bad but if I was in the operating room, I probably would've made things worse.

Definitely would've made things worse.

<Friday>

It's been about a week since the whole showdown, and to say the least I kind of felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm not going to lie I did have my moments where I felt like crawling back to them.

But nonetheless I felt less pressure, like all eyes weren't on me for once.

"Ok Ms. Ellis I've finish taking your vitals and everything seems to look great. You heal really fast, I think in no time you'll be out of here." I give her my best fake gummy smile.

"Thank you hon. By the way do you know when you think I'll be discharged?" The woman questions me as she laid on the hospital.

"Um, I'm not sure when you'll be discharged. But by the looks of it I think you'll be out of here by tomorrow night if I'm honest." I skim through the clipboard.

"Ok thank you that's all I wanted to know."

I nod my head. "No problem, have a good night." I walk out of the room, I let out a big exhale dropping my friendly exterior.