ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

"What do you mean?" Hakeem's face contorts into a look of confusion

"Exactly what I said." I sigh turning away from him to look at the letter that sat on the counter. "They're kicking me out."

"What— they can't just do that. Does it say why?" He stands beside me wrapping an arm around my shoulder, peering down to look at the paper.

I don't answer right away when my eyes scan over the document once more, January 2nd. That's a little over a week from today. How do they expect me to move out in such short time?

It still didn't make any sense to me, they couldn't just evict me out of my own home—

I forgot... this house wasn't in my name... it was in my parents name, they're the ones who bought it...

So they were free to do whatever they wanted with their house.

"My parents did this." I groaned dropping my head into my hands. "It has to be them."

It was only right, they were still holding grudges and wouldn't leave me alone. Now that I've crushed their precious dreams they were taking it out on me.

I just continuously wondered... why me? It's tiring and mentally exhausted to the max.

That's all I want to know, I've been so considerate and all I get in return is a kick to the curb. No matter what I do there's always something to take the last of my sanity.

I can never look out for myself because if I do I'm a disgrace to humanity. And slowly... but surely I'm starting to believe it.

Me not realizing the tears flowing down my face Hakeem pulls my arm so I could look directly at him. "Jay, what's wrong?" Hakeem asked with genuine concern laced in his voice.

I quickly wipe my tears— but to no avail they continue to fall freely. "It's like no matter what I do, I'm hated for w-whatever reason. At this point I know I'm a mistake—"

Hakeem cuts me off mid sentence with a kiss to my lips. "Don't say that." He stated with all seriousness laced in his voice.

"You are not a mistake, disappointment, or anything and that's a fact so stop sayin' stupid shit like that for real. You are perfect in every fuckin' way possible, they just can't see it because they're blinded by pure jealousy." He reasoned.

"Only niggas like them will try to make your life a living hell cause they've realized they can't control you anymore so they try to take it out on you." He explained placing both of his hands on my shoulders.