Epilogue

Eliza sighed as she fell back into Julius' arms. The nesting scent of a new-born werewolves premating the cabin. Or to be more accurate half werewolf, half vampire new-borns. It had been a year now that she had been with them and somewhere during the year Alice had found out she was expecting. Eliza chuckled to herself as she remembers how much of a panic everyone was in when Alice gave birth. Joseph was a fantastic help to his mate. The only one of them with any medical knowledge. 

Reina tugging at her sleeve caused Eliza to look down at the cub and offer her a warm smile. She had recovered slightly from the attack on her parents, her nightmares were still present. But she could now stay in the same now as Charles without someone else having to be there. 

Looking around at the rest of her pack Eliza's smile widens. Humphrey and Rose curled up as Wolves next to the fire. Sleeping soundly, the nesting scent had all of them near drugged but being in wolf form heightened it. Charles and June were curled up on a chair opposite her and Julius. The witch was on one side with her feet resting over Charles' lap while the lion was massaging her feet. The tenderness in his hands and his love for her apparent in all of his movements. Joseph and Alice sitting side to side with their new-borns in their arms. Twins. Born a few days ago. A boy and a girl. Silas and Lora. 

"I'm so happy you came for me Julius" Eliza whispers snuggling further into her mates chest. 

"I will always come for you. Nothing can keep me from you my love. My slayer" Julius responds gruffly, placing a kiss to Eliza's forehead. 

"Were a pack now Eliza no-one will break that" Alice agrees as she burbs little Silas and the baby lets out a small burb. 

Its adorable and Eliza practically melts. The nesting scent thickening and drugging her further. A defence mechanism to make sure pups were accepted or at least that was what Rose had told them. She also said it would be a bad time for anyone who would attack. Eliza could also smell pregnancy heavy on Rose. Her pack was growing and it filled her with an unbridled joy. And after that scuffle they had with the remains of Fergus' pack, a letter had arrived. Signed by the four large pack alphas that Julius would be left alone to expand north if he so chose. 

Kissing Julius' jaw before smiling when his arms tighten around her waist. She was so glad to be this werewolf's slayer. The slayer council had been disbanded after that and Eliza was thankful no more girls would be subjected to the life that had been thrust upon her. Her pack of misfits so much more than she had ever dreamed of with the hand she was given in life. 

"I love you my werewolf" Eliza grins. 

"And I you my beautiful slayer" Julius responds before capturing her lips in a slow kiss. 

Closing her eyes, Eliza sighs against him. He was hers and she wouldn't give him up. Not again not for anyone. She was in control of her on fate. A slayer, turned werewolf, a cold woman now free and loved. She truly was a lucky woman. As they pulled away from each other, Eliza stared into his eyes smiling up at him. She truly looked forward to their future.