6. Val

Angel stared into the eyes of a cowering Valentino. Not a word was said, but everyone was watching. Everyone.

Angel took a deep breath. "Give me what you took my first day with you."

Valentino chuckled. "What, your virginity?"

He shook his head. "you know exactly what I want."

A sudden realization came into his eyes and he smiled from one ear to the other. "I had a feeling you might ask for that."

He pulled what looked like a box wrapped on a bright red cloth out of his jacket. "here you are."

Angel snatched it out of his hands. "You destroyed me. You used me. You made me the face of your industry for what? Just to throw me to the side and bring another poor soul under your wing. And Charlotte Mange, of all people? The princess of hell herself. What are you gonna do, change her name? Everyone will still know who she is. You can't seriously be that stupid, can you?"

Valentino's smile fell and he grabbed charlie by the hair. "I can do... Whatever the fuck I want. Goodbye, angel baby." He turned around with charlie in his grasp when he stopped in his tracks.

Before him stood the king of hell, Lucifer.

"Let go of my daughter." He swiped his hand in the air and an angelic weapon began hovering over his head. Then in the blink of an eye...

The spear sat pretty through Valentino's lifeless body. Angel kneeled down next to him and stroked his cheek. "Goodbye, mista Valentino."

He stood up to see charlie untied and hugging her father. Angel began to walk toward them, when the spear was pulled out of val and held before him.

"Should I let you live, sinner?"

Charlie ran next to him. "Spare him father, he saved my life." He dropped the spear. "I'll be watching you," he said before disappearing into thin air.

Just then husk and alastor appeared before them. Charlie ran to al and gave him a hug to which he pulled out of quickly. "I'll bring the car around," he said before scurrying off.

"Thank you as well, husk," Charlie said. He folded his arms. "it was nothing."

Angel stood there still looking at Valentino. Charlie saw him and threw her arms around him. "I knew there was good in you," she said in a soft voice. Angel hugged her back, never taking his eyes of the man he spent seventy years with, who was now nothing but a distant memory.

The torment of Valentino was over.